Independent Installers Beating Big Box on Tech Support?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
A study released by NPD reveals an interesting perspective on service and how consumers react to the big box offerings. According to NPD, "Consumer technology products are becoming more advanced and more integrated than ever before, leading to a growing demand for services. But new information shows many consumers are opting to bypass retailers and purchase services from independent installers or manufacturers."

Discuss "Independent Installers Beating Big Box on Tech Support?" here. Read the article.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Big box stores may as well have no tech support,never not once have any in store tech gurus been able to answer my questions on the spot unless they come up with some psyco babble,the bad part is that most consumers have very little understanding (if any) in these matters & not until they have a problem with their new system do they realize that the in store tech support is a bunch of slick talkers.

My local high end shop charges best buy, circut city & internet direct customers for set up help when the instore people cant help them , im told it plays a large role in the overall income of their installers.

B

brushro

Audioholic
Independent Installers

Hello to all-How do I go about finding a reputable installer for a flat panel LCD?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis