K

krasyal

Audiophyte
Can anyone tell me if JBL In-Wall Speakers (SP6C) are any good ?

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
Check Out These

Have not used JBL, but Phase Tech, Niles, Earthquake. Those are good. Earthquake more for thier Sub than anything. The Thore system is awesome. Phase is extremly nice. But I have not heard the JBL

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
The JBLs are OK. What will they be used for, or with (speakers)? You might also consider: Paradigm, Polk, BIC Acoustech. JR.com has decent pricing on JBL and Polks.

K

krasyal

Audiophyte
I'm planing to use them for the 2 rear ( surround ) .... I have 2 NS-10MMF Yamaha speakers along with a yamaha reciever .... trying to avoid spending too much for the rears and try to get a decent quality as well ..

any help would be appreciated .. thx

K

krasyal

Audiophyte
These specs ?

The jbl's specs .. This any good ?

WebID: 10015970
Mfr. Part Number: SP6C
# of Speakers Included 2
Colour White
Crossover Point 3000 Hz
Frequency Response 40 Hz - 20 kHz
Included In Box Gasket, Logo
Includes Wallmounts No
Magnetically Shielded Yes
Mid Range Speaker Size Not Applicable
Power Capability 80 Watts
Product Dimensions 23.5(W) x 23.5(H) x 12.7(D) cm
Product Warranty 5 Year Parts & Labour
Product Weight 4.1 kg
Sensitivity 88 dB
Tweeter Size 1"
Woofer Size 6 1/2"

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
The missus and I took in a tour of the "Street Of Dreams", yesterday. For those of you who don't know what that is....several contractors go in and purchase a large hunk of land and build spec "Dream Houses" on it. The idea is two-fold....to publicize the skills of the builders/architects, etc, and to benefit a charity (this case was a childrens hospital in Portland, OR.). These are fabulous homes, STARTING @ ~$2M....high I think was $4.5M. Thousands of people tour these homes every year to get ideas for their own homes and just to see how the wealthy live.

Anway, all of these homes had >100 grand security and a/v systems. Woohooo, the home theater in one (of the 8) home was BETTER than any commercial theater I've been in. It was kind of a miniplex, and seated 12. Speakers....JBL. In fact, all homes had a variety of speakers in-ceiling or in-wall in almost every room, as well as outdoors. What impressed me the most? BAY!!! Never heard of 'em, myself. The demo guy said one of the founders of Boston Acoustic recently started up a company making these Bay speakers. It is possible that careful setup aided the performance of these speakers. I haven't had a chance to look them up, at all. But I intend to. You might wanna give it a Google yourself...check price, etc. BTW, the house that had the Bay setup, had an 'equipment room' for all preproampdeckcablestuff. WOWOWOW. A locking glass door opened to the front of the equipment stack (NADs were the cheapest things in there). There was a regular door next to it that allowed access the the bowels and cabling area of the whole-house system. (The wealthy use two forks for dinner, too, guys. :D )

Incidentally, all these homes have been sold before the two week event began. So, Jaxvon, sorry, these are off the market. ;) ;) LOL.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
rjbudz,
That JBL system is probably their hi-end Synthesis system.

krasyal,
I'd go with the Polk RC60i at jr.com for $180 (free shipping) or they have the Yamahas for $150.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis