In Wall speaker recommendation

C

csh

Enthusiast
A friend is finishing his basement and wants to install in wall speakers for his front and the center. He is looking for loud quality sound.
He owns a Yamaha RX-V1083 and his home theater room is 18 feet viewing distance wall to wall and 22 feet wide closed.
He had shortlisted POLK 265-RT and 255-CLS for center or Klipch PRO-6504-L-THX series or PROFILE AIM CINEMA THREE or FIVE from Speakercraft.

What would you recommend? There is a big price difference between POLK vs KLIPCH and SPEAKERCRAFT is the difference worth the experience and what will match his receiver?

[FONT="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would go for the Klipsch speakers form that bunch. The THX certification is at least some guarantee of performance. I don't trust the Speakercraft stuff, that is a high-markup installer brand, and the Polk stuff is probably OK maybe, but who knows.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I would go for the Klipsch speakers form that bunch. The THX certification is at least some guarantee of performance. I don't trust the Speakercraft stuff, that is a high-markup installer brand, and the Polk stuff is probably OK maybe, but who knows.
I'd go for the Premeire in wall series, I think they're brand new and haven't begun shipping just yet but should be available soon. The thx is an older design that uses the old tractrix horn, the new designs are much more accurate sounding, and have much better dispersion. I have no doubt the 8" model would be capable of reference volume in a thx ultra size room.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis