In-Wall speaker placement.

S

Sleepy_Eyez

Audiophyte
Current setup.
Amp: Sony Str-dn 1050
Speakers 2.1: Fluance center and bi-pole fronts along with a cheap Polk sub.

1)
I'm thinking of getting monoprice.com in-wall speakers for my rear. My Room has a 11 feet ceiling and my sofa is touching the rear wall. How high from the optical seating position should I mount the speakers? How far apart should the speakers be?

2)
Currently I have Fluance speakers which are all currently 5" and I'm thinking of getting Monoprice 8" 3 way. Is this a good idea to mix the speaker size? Or should I match the speaker size?
http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Product/Details/6816?mainCategoryId=108&categoryId=10837&subCategoryId=1083703&cpnCd=

I will replace the bi-pole with towers when I can find some extra money. And it will most likely be Fluance XL7. They also have 8" down fire subs.

Have anyone tried the monoprice in-wall speaker? And feed back please.

Thank you,

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
IMNSHO, if your seating position is on the rear wall, rear speakers would be a waste of time.

Now, if you mean side surround speakers, then that's another story.

Clarify.

S

Sleepy_Eyez

Audiophyte
That's why I'm looking for in wall spk. I don't have a choice here.

Are there any angled inwall spk?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sure they make angled wall speakers but don't expect good results. You can use ceiling speakers in the wall as well.

Rear speakers are meant to be several feet behind your listening position, not above it. You're better off saving your $$ and living with 5.1.

I'm in the same position as you are, 7.1 channel capable receiver but only a 5.1 capable room. It doesn't suck.

Last edited:
S

Sleepy_Eyez

Audiophyte
I'm sure they make angled wall speakers but don't expect good results. You can use ceiling speakers in the wall as well.

Rear speakers are meant to be several feet behind your listening position, not above it. You're better off saving your $$ and living with 5.1.

I'm in the same position as you are, 7.1 channel capable receiver but only a 5.1 capable room. It doesn't suck.
I only have a 3.1 setup currently. I'm trying to get 5.1 but looks like I will be limited cause I have no room to place the speaker. I will get a pair of angled ceiling speaker and try those out. I believe HTD carry those in 6.5 inches unlike monoprice that only have them in 8 inches

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis