In Wall/Ceiling Speakers

B

bsumpter

Audiophyte
I have just gotten into serious AV gear within the last couple years. I purchased a Denon AVR X2000 receiver as the center of my home theater. I will eventually upgrade to Emotiva separates. I'm currently running the Klipsch Quintet surround system and Klipsch SW350 subwoofer. I am trying to make the wife happy and am therefore going to install in wall/ceiling speakers. I am a tremendous AV buff who loves music and movies (both with explosive sound) so I use my setup for all of my entertainment needs. My system is in my living room, roughly 12' by 19'. The floor is carpeted and there are sofas or chairs on most walls. Ceilings are standard 8'. I've been doing a lot of research online (since there isn't a good AV store near me, only big box shops) and have seen many promising manufacturers with "in home trials." I'm looking at Definitive Technology, Axiom Audio, and RBH. My budget is roughly $1000 to $1500 to start and while I'd like to replace r/c/l and the two surrounds, I'd at least like to get the most bang for my buck with the front sound stage and I'll replace the surrounds at a later date and as finances (and the wife) allow. Can someone give me advice on these or any other in-walls I haven't thought of? I do know I prefer sealed units so that I can get uniform sound from all three. I've also done enough research to know that I want the same series for right, left and center for the purpose of timber matching. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Welcome... I have used Definitive Tech. And liked but we are using James loudspeaker inwalls and love them (wife approved). The attachment would be more inline with your budget. I would say the QX630 would be better but that's me... Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose.

Triad is another good inwall they both might be a little over your budget depending on the speakers you select but both worth every $100 dollar bill you would spend...

James Loudspeaker - Product - Speakers - In Wall - QX330 - 3" Woofer (x2), Quad Tweeter

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis