In search of amplifier

sonnaps

sonnaps

Audiophyte
Hello,

I've been searching for an amp with specific requirements, maybe someone knows of one that can do all this off the top of his or her head...

- Two channel stereo
- Can power two pairs of these in a room, Polk Audio RC60i (not allowed to post a link yet).They are 8 ohm and they can handle 20-100 watts RMS each, so the bigger the amplifier possible the better.
- Two line-in sources, with auto muting, similar to this HTD SZA-2A Stereo Amp with Auto-Source-Switching (again, not allowed to link yet). Only problem with this amp is that it can only do 40 watts X 2 into 8 ohms. Otherwise this thing would have worked perfectly.
- If it had a sub output that would be amazing.
- Additional bluetooth input source somehow, making it 3 line-in... I know I'm dreaming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why would you want two pairs of 2ch speakers in one room? I'd shop for an avr personally, should do all you want. What's your budget?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'd bet the HTD would be just fine. You probably dont need more than 5 watts for it to play loud. The polks are closer to 4 ohm also fwiw.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Why would you want two pairs of 2ch speakers in one room? I'd shop for an avr personally, should do all you want. What's your budget?
I think he was saying 1 pair in a room and another pair in another room

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
"Auto source switching" is a feature I have not seen before. I am curious that their is almost no explanation of it on HTD's site!
Has anyone seen this feature elsewhere?

I think that may make this a difficult task!

Sonnaps, is there a reason that using a remote control to select the source would be problematic?
That is the common way to do this. I suspect the SZA-2A is intended to be placed in another location, so a remote would not work (without a repeater).

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis