In Focus Screenplay 4805

E

Epilespaul

Enthusiast
My InFocus 4805 is supposed to be here tomarrow sometime ,Im wondering if the projector needs to be in the Middle of the screen to get a good pix or can it be up on a rack shining down on the screen , I have an 8 year old and a 6 year old Both Boys and I want to protect my investment..I would prefer to have it up completely out of their reach ,a ceiling mount wont do because were apartment dwellers..any advice would be appreciated.....
Thanks , Epi

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I have my projector ceiling mounted... and last I checked I live in an apartment. I asked before I did it and they said, "Holes? Yeah, no problem, we have a crew that goes in, repairs all the holes, and repaints the apartment anytime someone moves out."

You should ask first, as ceiling mounting is excellent.

I really, really can't find any information on high or low you can mount this projector. The main thing you most DEFINITELY want to avoid, is using internal digital keystone correction as this significantly screws up image quality. I have yet to see a projector that it hasn't been an issue on.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it offers lens shift either. So, if you want to avoid keystone correction and you want to mount it high, then it will have to be upside down to do so. If it is like my projector (which doesn't have lens shift either), then you will need to have it a couple inches below the top of the screen. Thankfully the projector is light enough for you to hand hold it and find about the right place to mount it.

Good luck.

G

gleonard

Enthusiast
SP 4805 - mounting

Hi Epi:

I have the SP 4805 and found this in the manual

Positioning the projector
• Position the projector on a flat surface at a right angle to the screen. The
projector must be at least 4.9 feet (1.49m) from the projection screen.

The image offset is 127.3% when the projector is in 16:9 mode. This
means that if you have an image 10’ high, the bottom of the image will
be 2.73’ above the center of the lens.

http://www.infocus.com/service/sp4805/downloads/userguides/SP4805_UG_English.pdf

Also the excel file from the infocus website has some information on height requirements for ceiling mount.

http://www.infocus.com/service/sp4805/resources.asp?site_lang=1&site_region=1&

I echo BMXTRIX's thoughts re: ceiling mount - this projector is reasonably light and only takes two screws (which could easily be patched on moving out) - if you mount it up high I can't see a way around either having it upside down or using the keystone . . .

Also I had some colour issues with mine right out of the box - following some forum advice I rented a copy of Finding Nemo and ran the THX optimizer - it made a noticeable difference in my case.

Enjoy
Gleonard

mcwilson

mcwilson

Audioholic
I have the SP7205 and I did the ceiling mount. That's the way to go. I had no problems. InFocus' website as listed above has some great information about ceiling mounting and distance from screen, etc.

good luck and enjoy!

Mark

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis