In Focus Screenplay 4805 Question

E

Epilespaul

Enthusiast
I live in an Apartment that absolutely forbids Any Attaching of "Appliances "or fixtures " to ceilings I have a small Table just below screen height that the in focus is sitting on at the moment ...It seems as if I need to pick up the back of the projector quite a bit with scraps of wood books etc..to get the darn image to line up with the screen, I built a 100" diag. Screen and my projection Distance from the lens to the screen is 14'1"
and Im absolutely not able to get the full 100" image out of it..does this Model Projector have a Lens Shift in the menu or something Im missing or what ,I have two small children and I hate having a 1387.00 projector down
where they can get their hands on it....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Thanks Epilespaul

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Would it help if you flip the projector upside down?

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
Epilespaul,

I have the same projector. What you are experiencing is the offset of the projector. The unit has an offset of 20% which means the image will be 20% of your vertical screen distance above the center of the lens. This is why tilting the back of the unit up brings the image down to where it needs to be. I have my unit ceiling mounted and have to point the front of the projector up towards the ceiling (opposite setup from yours). In your scenario, you will have to raise the back of the unit like your doing to account for the offset. At the distance your projector sits you should be able to have an image up to about 102.5". However, this is with the unit zooming the image. You will get a better picture if you can move the projector back and not zoom the image.

Doug

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis