In Ceiling Speakers

P

Panosh42

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am building a house and want to put in speakers in the ceiling. &nbsp;Can anyone give some recommendations for models or brands. &nbsp;Thanks.</font>

T

TheSting

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I've been surfing around (very VERY newb to hifis), and I guess, quite a few of the common brands do have customized speakers for the ceilings... like kefs and b&amp;w

I was toying with the idea, due to my lack of space, but I guess they are much more then what I could afford (for the bedroom)

My room's 5.5 by 4 m, with a sloping ceiling (one of the 5.5 m sides only 2.1 m in height, and the other about 3.5 m)

I'm now exploring the possiblities of suspending a couple of maggies PARALLEL to the ceiling, about a couple of inches down.... so that its about 45-35 degrees to the horizontal...

still looking at other options =)</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hope this reply isn't too late. &nbsp;I just recently built a house and I installed in-ceiling speakers. &nbsp;I wanted to go with something cheap because I was quickly running out of money in my budget. &nbsp;I went with a little known brand called NXG, the Pro80c's I believe are what the model number are. &nbsp;I was very impressed with the sound for spending about $60 per pair of speakers. &nbsp;I compared them to much more expensive Boston Acoustics and Speakercraft and couldn't tell much of a difference. &nbsp;Also, if you're looking for a good multi-zone receiver to go along with the speakers, I might reccommend a Russound one, I went with the CAV6.6 just because I also wanted to have video capabilities. &nbsp;Hope this helps and good luck.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis