In ceiling speakers

G

<font color='#000000'>Very new and very ignorant. &nbsp;Just from reading some of the posts looks like I'll pick up the RX-V2400. &nbsp;One of my problems is that my speakers have to be &quot;in ceiling&quot; (ceiling is 10ft high). &nbsp;I'm looking to due 6.1 and would like to know which &quot;in ceiling&quot; speakers to go with. &nbsp;Do I need 6.5&quot; or 8&quot;? Do all six speakers need to be the same or do I need to worry about 2way versus 3way? &nbsp;Thanks in advance for anyone that responds.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>That's easy.

Triad's are the best.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>What have you compared the Triad's to?

Are you talking about Triad Gold's?

What about other's? &nbsp;Are they a better HT speaker or Musical Speaker???</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>I would suggest you do some surfing and compare the different manuf. ideas about how they get the best sound from a difficult medium. What price range are you looking at? Are you hung up on only buying a well known brand because it is the flavor of the month? A lot of well known companies actually farm out thier entries into this field. I would suggest looking at the web sites for the following four companies just to get your feet wet. These are folks that specialize in this area. They represent a good cross section of what is available in various price ranges and also offer great advice for free if you are willing to explore a bit.  www.preference-audio.com,  www.russound.com,  www.rbhsound.com   and www.sonnance.com

Many custom installers use these products and are well pleased with them. Ultimately your ears are your own and you have to balance your budget and your dreams</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Though I better add this... I am not saying these are the best on the market, just trying to give you a good place to start your research...</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Bill, thanks for the feedback.

I'm between the Rbh, Atlantic Technology &amp; and the Triad's. &nbsp;The Triads are twice as expensive as the SI-760's from RBH...

Are they worth the extra dough?? I haven't heard the Triads.. I've heard the Rbh speakers.. No one seems to stock the Triads for demo purposes.

Also, the front speakers will be 10' high and the listening position is 13 feet back, so they will have to tilt.. Atlantic and Triad both are tiltable and the RBH can be done w/ some additional framing.. We are in the process of building a home so any of these can be integrated at the moment.. But we do need to purchase soon.. Also, we have made a decision to use the RBH infloor Subs b/c we have a raised floor.

Are you a dealer???</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I haven't heard of preference audio however...

Lastly, for the remainder of the home for distributed audio, we were thinking about NHT Iw3 or Ic3 or Ic4's where appropriate..

How do you feel about those choices?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Sorry it took me so long to get back. Preference Audio is a good choice when budget constraints are a main consideration. They do not compare to high end products like NHT or the others you have mentioned but they can't be beat in the bang for the buck department. I have never worked with the Triads or Atlantic, but have no qualms recommending the RBH or NHT. You can also order acoustic foam inserts from NHT for in wall applications.

Why do the HM front speakers have to be in cieling instead of in wall or free standing? Rear surrounds in the ceiling are far more palatable than the fronts, particularly the center.

In most cases, the recommendation on rears in the cieling is to have the tilt towards the outside walls so that the sound will be reflected down into the &quot;sweet spot&quot; from the sides, thus creating a much wider footprint for the effects. The fronts would be angled directly into the soundstage.

What type of distributed audio are you going to use? It makes a difference in the way you pre wire.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>We have a sunfire ultimate reciever which will handle this room along w/ 2 Rbh infloor SI - 12 subs.

we will have to get a couple preamps for the rest of the house except the Master which will run off our Denon receiver &nbsp;that we own today as well.

Our family room is where we really need high quality audio. The speakers are going to be 10 feet high placed horizontally.

I'm not sure the RBH can be easily angled down towards the sweetspot.. The L &amp; R speakers will be that high. &nbsp;The center will be below the Plasma which we will compensate w/ the settings on the sunfire.

So the dilemma is choosing the right speaker for this.. The remainder of the house, I think we will use NHT IW3's or IC3's depending on the application.. We may splurge on their new IW4's they annouced at CES for the Master Bedroom.

Your thoughts?</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis