In-Ceiling Speakers

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
I am new to audioholics and I am currently looking for some 8" in-ceiling speakers with pivoting tweeters. The two I am wanting to compare are the Klipsch CDT-2800-c and Polk Audio RC80i. Other than price, what are the biggest functional differences between these two speakers. Also, any recommendations other than these two in the same price range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hi. Welcome!
On paper they look pretty similar from what I could find. I have a pair of Polk rc85i in one of my rooms and for what they are, they sound really nice. Smooth and clear. I did build enclosures for them though. If the klipsch are voiced like many of their speakers they might sound a little "honky". Basically the differences you asked about will come down to voicing. IMO the polks will be smoother. What is their intended purpose? Background, surround sound etc.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
I will be purchasing four in-ceiling to use as surround speakers in a family room which is about 19' wide x 20' deep, however since the TV isn't in a centralized location (above fireplace) and since the kitchen is attached to the room, I felt that having pivotal tweeters was the best idea. Their purpose would be for watching TV and movies primarily and music secondary.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis