In ceiling speaker choices

D

DACunknownthing

Audiophyte
Hey folks, anyone have any insight on whether Atmos speakers have to match what the bed layer speakers are? Golden Ear bed layer, looking at possible atmos. Golden Ear HTR 7000 are 650 ea., Some RSL C34EMKII are 150 ea. Any thoughts on sound quality for movies and music? Having trouble deciding. Thank you!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would say they would matter the least as far as matching goes. I have four RSL’s with a JBL bed layer and imo, it’s been fantastic. If there WERE a fault I’d say that the softer tweeter of the RSL’s could provide a touch more clarity, but I’ve been very happy with them. That said, I wouldn’t dissuade you from matching if you’re so inclined, but I wouldn’t say you NEED to. Height speakers do the least work, but imo it’s not a reason to skimp. Same for any speaker really. Imo…

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I'll echo @William Lemmerhirt said. I have the RSL C34E MKII as well, and although I haven't actually installed them yet (need to basically rip apart the HT room and run the wires), I've heard nothing but great things about them. Also, they have a free in home trial period of 30 days, so you have nothing to lose.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis