improving center channel for dialog

A

alternapop

Enthusiast
I did have a hearing test a few years ago. I'm not sure which numbers you're interested in or how to provide that info. Here are the ranges and the db.

500 = 30
1000 = 40
2000 = 50
3000 = 50
4000 = 55
8000 = 45

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I did have a hearing test a few years ago. I'm not sure which numbers you're interested in or how to provide that info. Here are the ranges and the db.

500 = 30
1000 = 40
2000 = 50
3000 = 50
4000 = 55
8000 = 45
You would benefit from a hearing aid properly fitted.

As far as the LOKI I see the enclosure is NLA, just the other parts. So you would have to build it.

This would do the trick for you.

A

alternapop

Enthusiast
yes, I would benefit from using hearing aids but it's not something I want to wear every day.

Thanks for the recommendation. Is there anything for about half that price that would be a marked improvement for a center channel? ($200-400)

A

alternapop

Enthusiast
As far as the LOKI I see the enclosure is NLA, just the other parts. So you would have to build it.

If anyone knows of someone who is selling already built
Seas Loki MKIII speakers then please let me know.

thanks

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
My center channel (DefTech ProCenter 1000) is sitting on a shelf I got at Fry's, about $20. I put the TV on a riser from Monoprice and slipped the Blu-ray player beneath the TV.

IMG_1080.JPG

D

david-me

Audioholic Intern
To be honest, your receiver is under-powered. The only other think I can think of if if you are using a PC/Windows. Then you should in the sound icon in tasks and then 'speaker setup' to ajust how your PC outputs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Show your work?

What are the maths that bring you to this conclusion?
I wasn't sure if he was talking to someone from two years ago or Mr Magoo or what.....let alone what he meant by the avr being underpowered....maybe he's about to suggest a silly power cord or conditioner to get all the juice from the wall ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis