Importance of Source Content and Dialing in Settings

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I was considering getting rid of my Infinity R263s as I just wasn't getting any kind of WOW out of the LCR (center is Infinity RC263)

However, I considered that in the room those are in, we are often watching network TV/Cable. Reality is the sound isn't very high quality or dynamic. So how can I really judge whether the 263s will be that much worse than anything else I put in there?

Granted I'm sure I can get way better speakers, but I put them in Stereo mode, boosted the level a DB and played something on Netflix with some decent sound mix and they sound much better than I was giving them credit for.

While it's always fun to upgrade, I guess it's a good idea to sometimes revisit settings (set by Audyssey in my Denon) and perhaps tweak the levels a bit to make sure it doesn't need to be dialed in better

Anyone else been through this?

Also I use my UMIK etc, for my subs but do many people use it for your other speakers or do you leverage Audyssey and the App to make any adjustments? So far, I used Audyssey which flattened my curve almost to a comical level on all my speakers. Might be optimal. I'm not sure.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis