Impact Acoustics Velocity Speaker wire

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
I just received my purchase from ImpactAcoustics.com. I ordered the 15ft VELOCITY SPEAKER INTERCONNECT 12AWG...basically a pair of 15 ft speaker cables, terminated w/banana plugs. All I can say is wow. Are these for real? They are by far the most impressive looking speaker wires I've ever owned, that's for sure. I'm a relative newbie to this, but a friend of mine who's been at it a while warned me...don't skimp on speaker cable. So, I found this 12 gauge stuff for $19.99 each, but with the Audioholics discount, they were like $16 each. But I had now idea they'd be this thick, this impressive looking. I found out about them from the Audioholics $5K system set up and figured they couldn't too bad if AH was recommending them.

My question is, has anyone had experience with these cables. They "look" like they'd cost way more than they did. Should I be concerned about their longevity or anything like that. It just seems almost too good to be true. Or, maybe I'm such a newbie that I'm impressed by something that isn't really that impressive to others. They look and feel really solid. Any users out there?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Cory;

Its not too good to be true. We only endorse cable companies that make quality products free from snake oil hype.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
That's good to know. I just look at these and wonder what it would cost me to get the same level of quality, in the same length, terminated w/banana plugs, from Monster Cable. Ouch.

Suffice it to say, I couldn't be happier with these cables. Excellent recommendation.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
A side note however...the funny thing about mail order is what can transpire while it's en route to you. I actually don't have any speakers to hook these up to right now. Unforseen circumstances. Had to return my B&W DM601's to the store. So, there they sit, plugged into the back of my receiver, but left dangling, unattached, at the other end. *sigh*

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis