T

tftrue

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Too much asked at one time? &nbsp;Too boring a topic? &nbsp;Still looking for any input to post below. &nbsp;any help greatly appreciated!</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>For the AVR1803 (80W/channel) I’d be sure that the speaker is an 8 Ohms speaker and not much below that. At $499 US the 1803 is going to have an “adequate” power supply and amplifier. I would not expect it to drive a very demanding speaker (less then 6 Ohms).

If you’re going to buy blind (no listening) then I highly recommend you buy Paradigm speakers. These guys make great loudspeakers and most have been seriously reviewed and received accolades: they are trustworthy. I suggest a set of Focus speakers with the PDR-12 sub and CC-270 center.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Go for bookshelfs from Canton, MB Quart, Wharfdale, Rogers, Monitor, Tannoy etc. and get a powerful sub. This way you will have less demand on your Denon and good imaging and clarity.

Also with bookshelfs, your front and rear speakers would be the same and you can get a matching center. This way, timbre matching would be perfect and seamless blending for good HT performance would be possible.</font>

W

WillieM

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am successfully running a full set of PSB IMAGE Series speakers with an AVR1802 (AVR882).

5T towers for the front, 9C center and 2B surrounds. The fronts are 6ohm. The whole slystem kicks butt!</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis