I'm simply devastated by "Ashlee-Gate!"

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Oh, woe is me! Can it be? A titanic talent like Ashley Simpson- lip synching her vocals? I'm devastated. What's left to believe in now?

Which is the bigger joke- Simpson or SNL? Aside from being chronically un-funny for the last 10-12 years, they've had about the weakest musical performances in TV history. I've never heard anyone sound good on SNL, and that's even more amazing if they're faked and it still sounds crappy!

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Snl...

...ALWAYS had stuff that fell flat, even with the original cast...luckily there were more hits than misses IMHO...but you are right, funny it ain't...

Musically, Leon Redbone was a hoot...I actually hunted for his album after that show...were the Spin Doctors on SNL or Letterman? I don't remember...I thought they were pretty good...

There must have been some others...but it was SO long ago...

jimHJJ(...I'm lucky I can remember my name...)

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
I'm still wearing a black armband in memory of Milli Vanilli! :p

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
Rip Van Woofer said:
I'm still wearing a black armband in memory of Milli Vanilli! :p
Are you sure you didn't let somebody else wear it and are simply taking the credit?

Hmm?

O

outsider

Audioholic
I remember seeing one good performance a few years ago. It was Radiohead performing 2 songs from Kid-A.
But, most of the other performances I've seen, even those by my favorite bands, were always weak.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
SNL:

Saturday Night Lame

Singing Not Live

Skits Not Laughable

Etc......

Shinerman

WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Junior Audioholic
Talk about audiences being cheated............next thing you know we will all be entertained by dancing and singing robots..... :confused: Makes me wonder how many other entertainers are doing the same thing whether it is live or on television.

M

MrKlister

Junior Audioholic
When Elvis Costello stopped playing a song then launched into "Radio, Radio" the the studio execs didn't want him to play was classic.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis