I'm looking for some good 1000$ish or best value tower speakers.

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
here's the vid that inspired this search,

some really well made 2 way are the minimum bar for me, at this price I imagine you can get all the way up to good 3 way towers.

other options I'm looking at are as follows;

-Jamo C97 MK II

-Q acoustics 3050i

-Fluance XL8F

-Jamo S 809

-Klipsch RP-8000F

-JBL Studio 590

-Klipsch KG3.5

-Klipsch Vintage KLF-10

-Klipsch RF3 II

Any Brand as long as they are well built and sound great are welcome.:cool:

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

Also consider:

Very best,

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
Also in this price bracket I would consider all of emotiva's towers, and they are replacing a pair of dayton audio t652 air's

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
At $1000 you can get jbl 590s when on sale or 580s ($700) if the 590s are too big.. The emo's are good , i have the b1 bookshelf version... Either are good choices , and as has been pointed out , there are several other great options..

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi,

Also consider:

Very best,
I think it's worth the extra to go for the Prime Pinnacles if considering SVS. I know that's a little outside the budget, but really is worth the extra for what you get.

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
I think it's worth the extra to go for the Prime Pinnacles if considering SVS. I know that's a little outside the budget, but really is worth the extra for what you get.
I looked prime pinnacle up and found loads of them sitting around the 700-800$ range from crutchfield and svs themselves. ;)

how would you describe the sound from them is it neutral or warm or punchy?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I looked prime pinnacle up and found loads of them sitting around the 700-800$ range from crutchfield and svs themselves. ;)

how would you describe the sound from them is it neutral or warm or punchy?
To clarify, I have yet to hear the Pinnacles. However, I had a full blown 5.1 SVS Ultra speaker system and loved them. I had Ultra books and Ultra towers. I wouldn't describe them as warm. Neutral, punchy (in a good way) and accurate. I'd still have them if I hadn't discovered RAAL ribbon tweeters. Those are a whole other price range tho.

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
To clarify, I have yet to hear the Pinnacles. However, I had a full blown 5.1 SVS Ultra speaker system and loved them. I had Ultra books and Ultra towers. I wouldn't describe them as warm. Neutral, punchy (in a good way) and accurate. I'd still have them if I hadn't discovered RAAL ribbon tweeters. Those are a whole other price range tho.
Thanks ill keep than in mind and I'm gonna do a bit of research into all the suggestions so far and how the prime pinnacle stacks up and weather I think they will be a good fit for the rest of my system. :cool:

If I had to describe my systems current sound its warm skewed (a bit like a nice soft blanket) and very full bodied with a slight roll off around the 15k hz range with plenty of volume and loads of punch and still retaining plenty of sparkle from the highs.

I'm picking up a ATI 1505 5 channel amp from my local pawn that they are selling for 600$.

In other words my receiver is plenty of power but for 600$ for a 1200$+ amp is too good a deal to pass up.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks ill keep than in mind and I'm gonna do a bit of research into all the suggestions so far and how the prime pinnacle stacks up and weather I think they will be a good fit for the rest of my system. :cool:

if I had to describe my systems current sound its warm like a nice blanket and very full bodied with a slight roll off around the 15k hz range with plenty of volume and loads of punch and still retaining plenty of sparkle from the highs.
Well, if you like warm blankets then it sounds like you have some pretty decent speakers already. What do you have now?

As far as the Pinnacles go, can you order direct from SVS? I can't remember where you're from but I'm pretty sure you're outside the US? You can't beat a 45 day trial at home to see if you like them. If you don't you can send 'em back and SVS will even foot the shipping bill.

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
Well, if you like warm blankets then it sounds like you have some pretty decent speakers already. What do you have now?

As far as the Pinnacles go, can you order direct from SVS? I can't remember where you're from but I'm pretty sure you're outside the US? You can't beat a 45 day trial at home to see if you like them. If you don't you can send 'em back and SVS will even foot the shipping bill.
I live in the middle area of Minnesota so I'm still in the us but my current setup is "Denon X3700H Receiver with AC Infinity T9 cooler; Vizio OLED55-H1 TV; Center Channel Boston Acoustics VR12; Mains Pioneer S-T500; Surround DCM TP-260; Surround Back Dayton Audio T652-AIR; Subwoofers 2X Dayton Audio SUB-1200; Turntable Audio Technica AT-LP60 with an external (Dynasty ProAudio DA-UA2D) preamp and a LP GEAR CFN3600LE stylus (In the process of rebuilding a recently acquired Technics SL-1200M3D with an Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge) "

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
I'm looking to replace my surround backs and pick up some front wide's, I'm planning on using those dayton audio towers as atmos speakers since they are light enough to hang from the ceiling

so I'm gonna purchase up to 2 pairs of speakers for at most around 2k$ish

as far as what I like for sound I'm more akin to a warmer sound as I'm particularly sensitive to high pitch noise so a bright speaker gets fatiguing very fast for me

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
so I'm gonna purchase up to 2 pairs of speakers for at most around 2k$ish
If you're looking at main speakers I'd take a more quality over quantity approach and put the whole budget there. Hold off on the surrounds and front wides. I'd rather have fewer speakers of higher quality than the other way around. You're getting into some pretty nice tower speakers with a $2k budget. The next consideration would be replacing the center to match whatever you decide to get for mains. Franken-systems can work just fine, but you really should match up the front 3. Once you get your front stage sorted then look at the effect speakers.

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
If you're looking at main speakers I'd take a more quality over quantity approach and put the whole budget there. Hold off on the surrounds and front wides. I'd rather have fewer speakers of higher quality than the other way around. You're getting into some nice tower speakers with a $2k budget. The next consideration would be replacing the center to match whatever you decide to get for mains. Franken-systems can work just fine, but you really should match up the front 3. Once you get your front stage sorted then look at the effect speakers.
The nice thing about my current mains and center they match exceptionally well, in fact the whole system so far has really nice coherence speaker to speaker, in that they have a similar "sound" across the whole system without any eq correction as far as I can hear (professional audio measuring equipment may say otherwise but I suspect its within a 10% margin of each other).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The nice thing about my current mains and center they match exceptionally well, in fact the whole system so far has really nice coherence speaker to speaker, in that they have a similar "sound" across the whole system without any eq correction as far as I can hear (professional audio measuring equipment may say otherwise but I suspect its within a 10% margin of each other).
Hey, I'm not making any assumptions. Just saying that if/when you replace the mains they may no longer match up as well. The rest don't matter nearly as much. I have a Franken-system right now too!

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
Hey, I'm not making any assumptions. Just saying that if/when you replace the mains they may no longer match up as well. The rest don't matter nearly as much. I have a Franken-system right now too!
No worries :) I'll keep that in mind if I have to replace my mains or center in the future;)

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
Isn't replacing your mains the purpose of this thread? Did I misread?
no I'm picking up some tower speakers for front wide's and surround backs that I can swap into any position in my system (my surrounds can also be my mains for example):D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
no I'm picking up some tower speakers for front wide's and surround backs that I can swap into any position in my system (my surrounds can also be my mains for example):D
Ha ha! There's the disconnect! I saw towers and assumed. Now it all make sense. Damnit. I try not to do that.

Oh jeez... the rest of it is sinking in now too! You want some more warm blankety speakers, but with good sparkle. Got it. I'm on board now, lol. I would not consider the Ultras really warm, but they definitely have the sparkle. How they'd blend, it's hard to say until you try. Like I said tho, you could give them a try risk free. For that matter since they're not going to be mains I think the Prime towers are legitimate candidates too, and not as pricey. So I retract my statement there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis