I'm done with Ubiquiti Unifi. Need help with alternatives.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Spartan
Huh. I put in some EAP225's and they all came with injectors. If you need a couple just pm an address if your in the States and I'll ship them.
It was a surprise for sure.

I have a POE switch so I'm good, but thanks for the offer.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Spartan
So I got everything swapped out today and it went surprisingly smooth. Stuff like this is usually a pain, but all I had to do was replicate my current SSIDs in the Omada controller, provision the APs and the switch and was on my way. I'm happy to be done with the injectors since I got the POE switch. Cleaned up my cabling a bit, but I've still got to re-do my server rack.

I'm thinking of going with one of their gateways since they're pretty cheap. I don't need it to do much since I've already got a firewall in place, but it will complete the system. Haven't decided yet though.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Overlord
So I got everything swapped out today and it went surprisingly smooth. Stuff like this is usually a pain, but all I had to do was replicate my current SSIDs in the Omada controller, provision the APs and the switch and was on my way. I'm happy to be done with the injectors since I got the POE switch. Cleaned up my cabling a bit, but I've still got to re-do my server rack.

I'm thinking of going with one of their gateways since they're pretty cheap. I don't need it to do much since I've already got a firewall in place, but it will complete the system. Haven't decided yet though.
Did you run some speed tests before and after?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Spartan
Did you run some speed tests before and after?
Yes. I did most of the testing in the trouble spots and got pretty consistent results. I had a good signal with my Unifi AP-AC-LR but my speed wasn't ever that great.

Now, my signal is better, but I actually have the speed. My office has a minimum of 3 walls between me and an AP. I used to have random issues with signal drops to where conference calls would ask me to switch to a better internet connection. Not anymore, or at least not today.

I'm pretty happy so far, but this is a pretty basic system. I still need to get used to it and poke around to see if more advanced options exist. Same with the Sophos XG firewall. I like what I see so far, but it's pretty different from the UTM. Nothing wrong with that, just need to get used to where everything is.

BTW, I got some spare APs if you're interested. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis