iLink output from Windows XP (or Vista)

J

jozeph78

Audioholic Intern
Hi all. Haven't been here for a while but this site is still my default audio enthusiast site. I would visit more often, but I would be a poor poor man if I visited too often.

I'm a proud owner of a Yamaha RX-V4600. I recently put a PC, my laptop, in the living room to stream some music to the living room. Works well from the headphone output, but I would like a digital signal if possible. I connected the laptop to the receiver via firewire and Vista recognized it as a Yamaha RX-V4600 device, but couldn't find any drivers. I contacted Yamaha and was quite disappointed in the PR style response. I wanted support, not an advertisement to purchase their "PQ-34XXX HD DVD Audio player".

Long story short, is there any way to connect a pc via firewire to my Yammy? If I could find some sort of driver for the reciever, great! Otherwise I should be able to get some sort of generic iLink interface output and fool my Yammy into handling it like a generic device. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis