If my question sounds confusing, I apologize right now.

A

allan219

Audiophyte
:confused:Earlier I had read that the best sound to use on a blu-ray player is by hooking it using the multi-channel inputs. Luckily my reciever still has the mulit-channel hook ups.
My question is how should I setup my subwoofer? My receiver (Yamaha Natural Sound HTR-5930) only has one subwoofer input but my sub has a left and right hook up. I read in my subwoofer manual that I should hook up my cable to the R input and not the L hook up which also has a mono label on it. When I play my blu-ray, my bass seems weaker than it usually sounds. Should I try using 2 cables to my reciever? One in the original subwoofer pin input and one for the multi-channel pin input?
Thanx for any help

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The Blu-ray player may output audio at a slightly lower level than your receiver does internally.

You can always buy a male/male/emale "Y" connector and split the sub audio at the subs input but it won't make too much of a diference. You're just splitting the same signal in two.

Just boost the level at the sub a notch.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
You didn't say which BD player you're using. Some players that have multi channel analog outputs have level controls in their own setup menus. Check the players setup menu and see if you can increase the bass level there.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
When you use the multichannel analog output, you bypass the receiver's DSP entirely, which includes speaker trim settings and bass management. You may want to check that you've set your speakers to "small" in the player, and you may also need to adjust the speaker trim settings at the player. Overlooking either of these could result in less bass than you're used to.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis