I need to know how to sync a Yamaha receiver with an amazon fire tv stick?

C

C. Whitson

Audiophyte
I need to know how to sync a Yamaha receiver with an amazon fire tv stick?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've never had to do anything particularly, just insert the firesticks in the avrs and set them up....no particular sync issues with audio, if that's what you're referring to....

C

C. Whitson

Audiophyte
No - my TV is too old, doesn't have CEC (it's 14 yrs. old). BUT I have a really nice YAMAHA receiver with lots of options for the sound, which I would love to run the sound through & have all those options, instead of just the sound on the TV itself. I have an Amazon Fire TV Stick plugged into my TV through an HDMI port & wondering how I can connect the fire stick with the Yamaha so I'll have the sound options.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
What are the model numbers of the TV and receiver? What is the speaker configuration?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No - my TV is too old, doesn't have CEC (it's 14 yrs. old). BUT I have a really nice YAMAHA receiver with lots of options for the sound, which I would love to run the sound through & have all those options, instead of just the sound on the TV itself. I have an Amazon Fire TV Stick plugged into my TV through an HDMI port & wondering how I can connect the fire stick with the Yamaha so I'll have the sound options.
Just plug the firestick into an open hdmi port on your receiver....you don't need CEC particularly. Or is the Yamaha receiver non-hdmi?

C

C. Whitson

Audiophyte
Just plug the firestick into an open hdmi port on your receiver....you don't need CEC particularly. Or is the Yamaha receiver non-hdmi?
actually, that worked - yamaha had more hdmi ports - so thanks very much. Now I'd like to get either the yamaha remote or the fire stick remote to operate the TV on/off function - remember my Sony Bravia model KDL 46V2500 is 14 yrs. old & I have searched the manual & cannot fin that it has CEC available.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Unfortunately, that TV predates HDMI-CEC, or Bravia Sync as Sony calls it. The TV is the brains of the HDMI-CEC operation. What is the model of the Fire Stick? I thought newer versions had an IR remote controller that could be setup for controlling TVs and AVRs. Anybody used one in this way?

C

C. Whitson

Audiophyte
Unfortunately, that TV predates HDMI-CEC, or Bravia Sync as Sony calls it. The TV is the brains of the HDMI-CEC operation. What is the model of the Fire Stick? I thought newer versions had an IR remote controller that could be setup for controlling TVs and AVRs. Anybody used one in this way?
The fire stick is an amazon fire tv stick 4K, Ultra HD, model L5B83G - it had very little instructions with it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Check the settings for any kind of external device/equipment control setup.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You'd need a remote that can do both IR and bluetooth (the Amazon is bluetooth). Neither the Yamaha remote or the fire stick remote can do that on their own. Maybe a universal remote that can do both might be a thought.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
C

C. Whitson

Audiophyte
but I googled it & found out how to get the firestick to operate TV on/off !!!!

C

C. Whitson

Audiophyte
don't have to use Alexa. Now all I want is to control volume on Yamaha receiver & on/off with the Fire stick OR Alexa. I think I need an IR code for the Yamaha AV Receiver RX-V1900. SO FAR I CANNOT FIND THIS.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
don't have to use Alexa. Now all I want is to control volume on Yamaha receiver & on/off with the Fire stick OR Alexa. I think I need an IR code for the Yamaha AV Receiver RX-V1900. SO FAR I CANNOT FIND THIS.
Have you looked at your Yamaha manual about having your remote learn the code?

ps or actually I suppose you need it in reverse....another thought is checking out the Harmony remote database for such?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis