B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
I have a precision acoustics HD 10 powered sub I using a harmon Kardon 3550 HD when I turn up volume sub turns off

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can you explain a little more? Will it cut off at a particular volume level only, it will play fine up to a certain point? Have you connected the sub to another source to test?

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
It doesn't seem to be a particular volume but right now it's plugged into wall but not receiver and it doesn't shut off .. but anytime I try listen to it half decent volume it turns off . I have tried different plug in but same room so not sure if maybe it could be to much strain . I have tried upping my setting for sun and base on receiver and keeping.volume.lower.on sub and tried.oppisite same result

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
I do have a Denon reciever I could set up to see if it's the reciever . But when sub is on sounds good been messing with it all day driving me insain

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might depend on your definition of half decent volume....could be a sign the amp is on the way out in the sub. Did you try connecting another source to the sub to rule out the avr?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Sounds like the amp is getting triggered into auto-shutdown prematurely. The amp needs to be fixed or replaced.

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
So the amp in the sub? Cause everything else works fine .. I was playing with it today and I did some.youtube base tests and cranked it worked.fine for a few min I also left it on all night but unplugged the RCA to receiver and it was on when I woke up .. is there any chance it's.the reciever or has to be the subwoofer ? Cause i doubt it's worth replacing the amp in the sub. Also when it cuts out and I unplug it and plug right back in its stil.off I have to wait a.few.min

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What happens when you use the sub with your Denon? Yes, we're referring to the amp in the sub as a potential problem (and a typical failure of a sub with a plate amp).

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
Just.hooked.up to Denon cranked just the sub same thing sounded great.for 2 minutes then notta so my assumption is it's garbage then not worth fixing It was a.throw in anyways when I bought some energy c1s

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis