I have to regrill by PSB subwoofer.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a PSB Subsonic 5 which is still operating nicely. However, my cats were not so kind to the grill and I have to replace it. The grill frame is still intact. How do I remove the grill from the frame? Do you have any suggested products that are safe to use? Also, what product can I use to "glue" the new fabric to the frame?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We supposed to know how it's attached? Some sort of adhesive?

When I built grills for my subs I just used some hot glue (glue gun came with the stuff) I had to glue the fabric to the frame (which was made from scrap strips of plywood from the sub build).

Good luck!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It looks like an adhesive has been applied but I will post pics tomorrow. I've also sent an email to PSB about this too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Now that I think about it some more, I also used my staple gun....but found the glue in addition helped.....been a while.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
If you keep the glue areas soaked in alcohol, for 20 to 30 minutes that will denature almost all glues.

By the way, time to kill the cat!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You could even just drape another layer of fabric over the existing one....not like it would bother a sub.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
If you keep the glue areas soaked in alcohol, for 20 to 30 minutes that will denature almost all glues.

By the way, time to kill the cat!
I'm happy to say that the cat responsible for this expired a few years back from natural causes. :oops: The cats I have now do not seem interested in the grill

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm happy to say that the cat responsible for this expired a few years back from natural causes. :oops: The cats I have now do not seem interested in the grill
Once the old cat's scent is gone via replacement, wonder if that will remain true?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Died a few years back while the new cats were around.
Just wondered if the marked territory changed....dunno if cat scent lasts all that long either....altho I had some stuff a roommate's cat sprayed that persisted so long had to throw it out....

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just wondered if the marked territory changed....dunno if cat scent lasts all that long either....altho I had some stuff a roommate's cat sprayed that persisted so long had to throw it out....
Thankfully not a sprayed scenting... Just a cat scratch followed by an incoming slipper

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis