I have no idea how to connect my Audio Interface with 5.1

Sahin Erengil

Sahin Erengil

Audiophyte
Hey guys, i hope some of u can help me with my problem:

My friends got me an Audio Interface for my birthday ( M-Audio M-Track 2x2) to record my electric guitar.

Problem is: i have an windows desktop pc with an 5.1 Speaker system ( Teufel Concept 450 Digital). I tried everything but i have no idea how i can get this to work. The 5.1 Speaker came with an digital reciever in wich i plug the chinch kabel that comes from the subwoofer.

So my current setup is:

Speaker goes into Subwoofer -> Subwoofer goes via 2 chinch kabels in the Digital reciever -> the reciever goes via optical audio kabel in my Mainboard

I want to be able to play/record my guitar AND get the sound live over my PC speakers.

Any of u got an idea how i can connect the audio interface so i can use it ? or do i have to buy me a set of new speakers ?

Thanks in advance :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The M-Audio interface is only a 2 channel device. It will not work to produce 5.1 sound.

What you want to do take the computer's digital connection, whether that is HDMI, optical, or whatever, and connect that to the receiver. Also connect the M-Audio interface to the computer, but go from the M-audio interface outputs to analog inputs on the receiver.

When you want to use the M-audio interface, select that device as the default audio output in your computer's device manager, but when you want to listen to a 5.1 sound, select the computer's onboard digital output, whatever that is.

Most pro-audio interfaces are 2 channel only, unless you get expensive ones.

Sahin Erengil

Sahin Erengil

Audiophyte
Okay thanks for the reply! I forgott to mention: im not using 5.1 at all , only 2.1

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis