I have found the most 1980's exotic car imaginable....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I say understated because you have to realize that first and foremost, this is a mid-engine car and all midengine cars have that look. From that standpoint, I say understated.

My favourite car look is still the Porsche 930 Turbo

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Think what you will about the Ford motor, but the Pantera can sound absolutely beastly. Seen several of them throughout my life and I'm always in awe. What a fantastic design. What would you think about doing the obligatory "LS swap" on one? Haha. That thing would absolutely fly.
Ok, Then I said "just a ford motor" I was being a bit facetious. In truth this Ford engine didn't go in your regular cars at the time, not even in regular Mustang GT, but it was saved for high performance models like Mustang Boss, Cobra Jet etc..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_335_engine#351_Cleveland

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Think what you will about the Ford motor, but the Pantera can sound absolutely beastly. Seen several of them throughout my life and I'm always in awe. What a fantastic design. What would you think about doing the obligatory "LS swap" on one? Haha. That thing would absolutely fly.
The right cam profile and exhaust can make almost any v8 sound awesome.

Now you definitely got my attention when you dropped two little letters. LS.
Now how about an LS with a pro-charger or a little turbo. Now we talkin!
The next engine to go in my first gen Camaro will be an LS of some variety. I’d like to do 427” lsx. I’d have to sell all 3 of my kids for that though. Maybe once they’re all gone...
I do think the Pantera was pretty cool overall.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
The right cam profile and exhaust can make almost any v8 sound awesome.

Now you definitely got my attention when you dropped two little letters. LS.
Now how about an LS with a pro-charger or a little turbo. Now we talkin!
The next engine to go in my first gen Camaro will be an LS of some variety. I’d like to do 427” lsx. I’d have to sell all 3 of my kids for that though. Maybe once they’re all gone...
I do think the Pantera was pretty cool overall.
Just did two seconds of internet searching and apparently plenty of folks have done the LS swap on the Pantera. Seems to be the thing to do once the original Cleveland/Windsor blows. LS reliability, still a wicked sound, buttloads of power, good MPG, and still Pantera's sweet looks. What's not to love?!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
McLaren was powered by BMW when it first came out. I dont know if they are still using them.
Yeah the F1 had the DOHC variant of the BMW 750's SOHC V12. There were many a gear-head who threw down big bucks for the conversion!

Then I see today that the new S63 AMG can do 0-60 in 3.5 secs.....

That said, McLaren now builds their own motors - heavily modified variants with a similar 3.8L capacity.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Seventies trying to be eighties...
sv-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Bricklin SV-1

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts