I have a doubt to choose a subwoofer

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
you know that yes, I like that other option, I had not seen it before, I will investigate that sub well
Everyone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think it’s more or less the consensus serious enthusiasts starter sub of choice in the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

carlos61162

Enthusiast
Of course, it costs me around 607, 100 more, but I think you have to see that option, I like it

C

carlos61162

Enthusiast
Of course, it costs me around 607, 100 more, but I think you have to see that option, I like it

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
I think you’d be happy. I’ve recommended that sub so much now I’ve lost count. No one has been disappointed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's worth it, even paying the shipping. You get a lot of sub for the money and it should be easier to integrate with your existing sub.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I'd have to agree that if I were to start now and wanted a 12" sub, the Hsu would be my first choice.

C

carlos61162

Enthusiast
ok, I agree with you, but why the svs pb12 is not a good option, it is 12 inch, it has 18-150hz +/- 3db, it is a good ported, the company has the best reputation in the market, so, what a big difference it has from the VTF-2 mk5

C

carlos61162

Enthusiast
In addition to having a better price, free shipping, and 45 days of free listening and return

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
ok, I agree with you, but why the svs pb12 is not a good option, it is 12 inch, it has 18-150hz +/- 3db, it is a good ported, the company has the best reputation in the market, so, what a big difference it has from the VTF-2 mk5
It's a good option also. Not as flexible as the HSU, but still a good sub and is more similar to what you have than the Rythmik would be.

C

carlos61162

Enthusiast
the VTF-2 in the frequency response graph comes a little lower, but that is imperceptible to our ears, so, there is only a small frequency difference, only that

C

carlos61162

Enthusiast
better than the rythmik L12 ?, why ?, this rythmik has the servo system, which gives it a lot of advantage

C

carlos61162

Enthusiast
These servo systems look a bit more like electrostatic speakers, much better to hear than conventional subwoofer

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
the VTF-2 in the frequency response graph comes a little lower, but that is imperceptible to our ears, so, there is only a small frequency difference, only that
The HSU will ya e more clean headroom at any frequency, and you can still feel low end content below 20hz.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
better than the rythmik L12 ?, why ?, this rythmik has the servo system, which gives it a lot of advantage
Because you are trying to match your current sub as closely as you can. The Rythmik is a sealed sub and the PB12 is ported, like your Velodyne is ported. Yes, SVS has about as good a reputation as it gets and it's well deserved. I love the company myself.

I say go ahead and order the PB12 and give it a try right at home for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. You can always return it and try something else if you're unsatisfied. That makes it a risk free demo with your system in your room. Doesn't get better than that.

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
These servo systems look a bit more like electrostatic speakers, much better to hear than conventional subwoofer
No, it’s a mechanical form of signal processing inside the driver to maintain performance. It works well enough. HSU uses analog signal processing inside the amp. Basically everyone else uses digital signal processing.

The point is they all work, there’s no secret sauce.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The HSU will ya e more clean headroom at any frequency, and you can still feel low end content below 20hz.

If he's at all tight on budget and can save $100 I don't think the PB12 is a bad option either. Not as flexible but still a competent sub.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Because you are trying to match your current sub as closely as you can. The Rythmik is a sealed sub and the PB12 is ported, like your Velodyne is ported. Yes, SVS has about as good a reputation as it gets and it's well deserved. I love the company myself.

I say go ahead and order the PB12 and give it a try right at home for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. You can always return it and try something else if you're unsatisfied. That makes it a risk free demo with your system in your room. Doesn't get better than that.
So, yeah (yes I quoted myself, I have more to add! lol) I'd get the PB12 and work with it for a while and if I didn't like it at least I would now have a better idea of what might work better (more power, deeper extension, less extension, etc.) and you're not out anything. Might help you decide if the extra hundo could be worth it. Or you just might like the PB12 well enough and you can pat yourself on the back for saving some dough.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis