adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I cannot believe this!:mad:

We are doing our family trip to Scotland this year and our 5 year old is so excited. Well I cannot take the month off that my wife and daughter are going to spend so they are going 2 weeks before me. So when we get to Burlington airport they say that their outgoing flight is delayed due to a crew issue but will get to Philli on time to leave for Glasgow.

The flight does not leave when it is supposed to but they do leave just in time to supposedly make the connection. They get to Philli and run across the airport to their gate and don't you know the jerks sent the flight early without them.:mad::mad:

Now here is my five year old who just ran with her bag to get there and knows she got there on time and they left without her! The gate they came in on did not call and tell them to wait like they said they would.

They have given them a room for the night but they cannot fly out until 9 p.m. tomorrow and the hotel says check out time is 12:30. This is just so bad it almost must be a joke!

Has anyone been through something like this? Do I call now or do I write letters? I am so mad right now I don't know what to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
be sure to write them. most of the complaints i know that was addressed to the higher-ups got somewhere good.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm. An extra day in Philli versus a day in Scotland. Yeah, there's a fair trade. I'd be mad, too!!! :mad:

I agree with Mike. It seems a lot more probable that a written note will make it's way to someone with some authority than would a phone call. Phone calls rely on being transferred in real time and require someone to be available at that time. E-mails or letters can make their way to someone when they have time to address them. I remember having a very disappointing experience with Tiffany's involving a birthday present for my Mom, and calling their customer support just turned my disappointment into anger. I wrote an e-mail (polite but direct), expecting no response, and I ended up getting a call from their head of customer service along with a generous offer to send my Mom another gift for free.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yes I would call their customer service dept and ask to speak to a supervisor. This sort of thing happened to me 2 years ago with a flight to Frankfurt Germany. They put me up in a hotel in Newark and I had to check out and had 7 hours at the airport to wait for the flight. I did totally freak out on a supervisor and they gave me a free roundtrip to any US air destination. I still haven't used it yet but its nice to know that I have it. Good luck with your compensation....

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Go for it, make them bleed, this is horrible :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Go to the media, anything to make them bleed like h....

Then you may get a proper compensation, perhaps.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I've been through much worse.

Continental had a huge delay that made me miss a 9pm connecting flight, then booked me for a 2 pm flight the next day.... and refused to give me a room or meal vouchers.

I argued with the service desk, then the service desk supervisor, then the regional manager for almost an hour and a half before they decided to comp me the room and food.

Then they lost our bags.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks for the comments guys.

Well they had to check out of the hotel just now because the airline would not cover a voucher for a second day. Oh did i say that they gave them food vouchers to a hotel that has no food?!!!:mad:

My wife and daughter are back at the airport now and are going to take a train in to see the Liberty Bell and see the sites. Heck they have until 9 p.m. before their flight goes out.

I still cannot believe they sent that flight off early without them.:mad:

Unfortunatley this may be all our future. The airlines are not making money so they don't care about their customers.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
US Airways has been historically crappy IMO, to the point that I refuse to fly them anymore, even if they are offering the lowest fares. Fortunately I didn't even have to be in a situation as bad as your family, just a long series of smaller events that finally made me place them on my s**tlist.

What has happened here is completely unacceptable, and is further evidence of a company that has absolutely no interest in customer service or customer satisfaction. They only do enough to temporarily distract an angry customer away from their face it seems.

A food voucher for a hotel that doesn't even have food - that's plain idiotic. I would start by attempting to contact them at their corporate levels, just bypass the moronic automatons in between, you'll end up more frustrated if you continue that route.

Best of luck to you (and them). Hope this gets taken care of and quickly. :)

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
While a plane may not have stayed in wait for customers as long as it should have they never leave early. It sucks when your plans get messed up but there are others that may very well have tight schedule to follow and somebody has to loose, I have had this happen but everyone needs to understand its bigger than a couple people, and it will happen again if you fly with any frequency.
Out of 200 or so flights it has happened to me 4 times, that isnt so bad odds.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis