I don't understand this...

B

Biggus Dickus

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>My Wharfedale Diamond 8.3's (sensitivity = 86), powered by my Yamaha RX-v630. I've read about inefficient speakers needing lots of power to sound good. I wouldn't consider this receiver as delivering &quot;lots of power&quot;. Yet, I crank it as loud as I want, for as long as I want, and hear nothing but clear sounds. I must be missing something? From what i've read, I should upgrade my receiver, or add an amp. Yet, my ears make me ask, why?

Dave</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>Well, then, don't ask. Just enjoy!

Maybe your room is smaller or more &quot;live&quot; than the &quot;average&quot;.

Or maybe one of your ancestors was a bat...
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Sounds like your setup works well within it's environment. &nbsp;Your lucky. &nbsp; The only reason in your case to upgrade would be to take advantage of newer digital formats as they come out. &nbsp;Other than that, if you are happy with the sound and your system, why change? &nbsp;

By the way, &nbsp;please don't add an Avatar to your profile. &nbsp;

Shinerman</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Ross

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>How many 8.3 diamond's are you running in your setup?</font>

B

Biggus Dickus

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>&quot;By the way, &nbsp;please don't add an Avatar to your profile.&quot; &nbsp;LOL

Ross: 8.3 mains, Diamond Center, WH-2 surrounds</font>

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>If it ain't broke,don't fix it.

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Nautius Maximus</font>

G

gebco

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I also have the Diamond 8.3, Diamond centre, and Diamond 8.1 rears.

We were using an old Technics HT receiver that seemed powerfull enough and seemed to put out clear sound. However the upgrade bug took hold of me and we bought an Integra DTR-5.4. There is an amazing difference in sound. The sound is even clearer, right up to ear splitting levels. The biggest difference is in the cleaner bass.

I think it's true that the Diamonds need a fair amount of power. I have the impression that I need to put the volume higher on the receiver to get the same loudness in comparison to some other speakers I've heard. That's OK for me though, as I appreciate the clear sound these speakers produce for the price range they're in.</font>

B

Biggus Dickus

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>gebco, a few months ago, I purchased a H/K PA2000 amp to drive my 8.3's. Because, I figured it would sound better than my Yamaha receiver. Well, I heard no difference, at any volume level. The sales guy insisted that there was a difference. But, my ears said something else.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Biggus Dickus : <font color='#000000'>gebco, a few months ago, I purchased a H/K PA2000 amp to drive my 8.3's. Because, I figured it would sound better than my Yamaha receiver. Well, I heard no difference, at any volume level. The sales guy insisted that there was a difference. But, my ears said something else.</font>
<font color='#0000FF'>Well you learned one thing, never trust the sales guy who is only after your pocket, always trust your ears.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis