I could use a little help

P

Phil

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>just got into the home theater game and I'm looking to buy a new receiver. I had purchased a Onkyo TX-DS797 and loved it but the sound cut out in some DVDs and in Dolby broadcasts so I returned it. Being new to home theater I could really use everyones help. My present system consists of:

Pioneer elite DV-C36 DVD player
Harmon/Kardon FL-8380 CD player
Infinity IL60 fronts
Infinity IL36C center
Infinity IL10 surounds
Infinity IL25C rear center

I would really like to find a nice reciever to match my speakers. The ones I have been thinking about are the Integra DTR-7.3. I liked the sound of the Onkyo and the integra has internet radio and a RS-232 port. I can buy this at HI-FI Buys for $1000. I can get the Denon AVR-3803 at the same place for $920. It seems to have the better components, but sounds a little flat compaired to the Integra. However, my speakers are a little bright and it the Denon could be a great match for that reason. I'm also thinking about the Yamaha RX-V3300, in which case I would buy a pair of Infinity IL50s for the surounds and use the IL10s for the front effects, and the Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX. The Pioneer I could buy for $840 on ebay but I worry about the warrenty. Right now I'm pretty confused about which one to buy and could really use your help. Thanks in advance

Phil</font>

S

SAC1973

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>hey bro i don't have any advice for you when it comes to what to buy but i do on where to buy it. &nbsp;when i bought my entertainment system(onkyo hts655) i thought about going the ebay route but i had the same warranty question that you did. &nbsp;also, there is the fact that you don't know these people and i would think that if something went wrong with your purchase it would be rather difficult to get it resolved. &nbsp;oh by the way..i'm a pessimist. &nbsp;now there may be those here that have had good results on ebay but i personally beleive that when spending as much cash as would be required for the equipment that you are looking for i would go to someone with a reputable reputation..local chain or specialty store. &nbsp;good luck &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Phil

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanx,

&nbsp; I went ahead a got the AVR-3803 from Tweeters for 920.99. &nbsp;Not a bad price and I have 30 days to return it if I hate it. &nbsp;Thanx again for the advice.

Phil</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>You might try looking around for a 3802. I do think the 3802 does sound a little better than the 03. You should be able to get a great deal on one since it is last years model.</font>

P

Phil

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanx

For the advice, but I already purchased the 3803, which I'm very happy with so far. &nbsp;If I return it I'll look at the 3802.

Phil</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis