I can't imagine this happening anywhere else, except in Florida

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Can't say I disagree. But it does give an argument to those that say we don't need more laws that aren't enforced.
Local issue up here where the local parking police in once community were caught parking in the handicap spot at a bank by a lady who needed the spot for her daughter in a wheelchair. The only fallout...the employee was given a verbal reprimand. So when the people charged with enforcing the laws ignore them...

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/06/12/florida-skips-gun-background-checks-for-a-year-after-employee-forgets-login/
So many WTFs here...

Hope with thread won't become the 2nd amendment heated discussion, I am only wanted to discuss procedures already in place to prevent legally purchasing guns from hands of criminals and drug addicts. Just a major bureaucracy clusterduck
the lady at the center of the problem will probably face the music pretty soon. Yep, she'll probably get a promotion and a raise. your tax dollars at work.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
And the writer of the "article" thinks a password manager would have prevented this. How about some freaking oversight? How about someone telling their supervisor they weren't qualified to do the job?

This is a good case of "Don't just do something, sit there".

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
This was for concealed carry, correct? Those applying should have already had a background check upon purchase, not negating it's still bad

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It would be interesting (but probably impossible) to know the back-story on this!

A lot of these state jobs get filled through personal favor/nepotism rather than trying to find someone who cares.

Here in Ga, money has a way of influencing how resources are allocated. To pick a not so political example, there has essentially been a home building boom here for the last 3 decades at least (aside from the financial crisis), but the number of building code inspectors has lagged far behind, resulting in the "drive by inspection" where the inspector merely confirms there is construction happening at the address, but never actually inspects it!

I know lots of people who have moved out-of-state (mostly north) who are very impressed with the quality of the homes up there. Part of that is the greater need for insulation due to the cold, but some of it is due to the builder knowing that as long as the finished product looks good to the buyer, no ones going to say "boo" about cost-saving (non-code) short cuts. The bottom line for contractors is campaign contributions pay dividends!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
And the writer of the "article" thinks a password manager would have prevented this. How about some freaking oversight? How about someone telling their supervisor they weren't qualified to do the job?

This is a good case of "Don't just do something, sit there".
Ha ha ha, a password manager does not fix a serious attitude problem, I strongly disagree with author of article

This is a serious neglect and criminal attitude

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
the lady at the center of the problem will probably face the music pretty soon. Yep, she'll probably get a promotion and a raise. your tax dollars at work.
10 years in jail would be proper

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
It would be interesting (but probably impossible) to know the back-story on this!

A lot of these state jobs get filled through personal favor/nepotism rather than trying to find someone who cares.

Here in Ga, money has a way of influencing how resources are allocated. To pick a not so political example, there has essentially been a home building boom here for the last 3 decades at least (aside from the financial crisis), but the number of building code inspectors has lagged far behind, resulting in the "drive by inspection" where the inspector merely confirms there is construction happening at the address, but never actually inspects it!

I know lots of people who have moved out-of-state (mostly north) who are very impressed with the quality of the homes up there. Part of that is the greater need for insulation due to the cold, but some of it is due to the builder knowing that as long as the finished product looks good to the buyer, no ones going to say "boo" about cost-saving (non-code) short cuts. The bottom line for contractors is campaign contributions pay dividends!
I work in construction...(Norcross office) and we work all over from Villa Rica west to Dahlonega north, Athens east...ATL midtown/Buckhead.

Code inspections...most of the county inspectors were scaled back tot he bare minimum during the recession. As new construction started to ramp back up, most offices were severely understaffed.

In foundations we never experienced the drive by inspections, but we did have long delays waiting for inspections...we finally told our builders...you're better off paying for a 3rd party engineer inspections which most counties accept.

Where you hit the nail on the head...who you know gets you in far quicker than your resume.

On the topic...hopefully this lady has been relieved of her duties for not speaking up about the login issues.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis