I built a triple bin record storage display unit to hold all my records. [VIDEO BUILD]

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Hello gang. I built myself a smallish record bin storage thingy to hold my records. I actually already filled it up and built a four bin unit with a shelf on the side but hey, I still recorded the build process of the first one and here it is to watch on your phone while you sit on the toilet laughing at how few records I own. Look, if you get triggered from build videos just move along. I made this video for people that enjoy watching this kind of stuff.

20230409_204738_s.jpg

20230409_211722_s.jpg

RecordsBin (1)-Model.jpg

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello gang. I built myself a smallish record bin storage thingy to hold my records. I actually already filled it up and built a four bind unit with a shelf on the side but hey, I still recorded the build process of the first one and here it is to watch on your phone while you sit on the toilet laughing at how few records I own. Look, if you get triggered from build videos just move along. I made this video for people that enjoy watching this kind of stuff.

View attachment 62516
View attachment 62517
View attachment 62518
Looks nice, but you don't have enough records!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
nicely done and I see you're on your way to filling it up !!

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Plastic milk crates do a good job, and there the right size for Record covers, and there cheap.

Just saying.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Go to any Pawn shop, second hand shop or op shop and your going to see Records in milk crates
You really should get out more "sunshine"

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Go to any Pawn shop, second hand shop or op shop and your going to see Records in milk crates
You really should get out more "sunshine"
And that you want to put in the living room? TLS Guy is right.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
It looks nice and suits your needs at the moment. I don't know what plans you have for growth of the collection, but it looks like you can only add a couple dozen more before you can no longer flip through them and end up pulling them up to see the cover because they're in so tight.

FWIW, I went with the popular "Single Sheet of Plywood" plans that are out there, and had my son build one. At that time, I added casters rated for 600lbs each. A year later he built me a second one and I again added the same casters, but went further and had him build structure to hold LED lighting for the top. He used the Kreg high-angle screw jig so it's all hidden fastening, yet really strong by combining with glue-up and clamping.

Yes, they do require squatting down to look at the bottom sections, but they're well-lit and it works. Consider it's 2x the storage for the same footprint. You seem to have some good woodworking skills, so maybe consider that for future growth of the collection.

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis