B

brulaha

Audioholic
While most of you may not find this review all that funny, I certainly did. The reason, it's reviewing a $130 keyboard that is reminiscent of a IBM Model M-style keyboard. Basically it's most endearing quality is that it clicks. I gotta tell you, to this day, I still use a IBM Model M. It literally weighs like 5 lbs and is as ugly looking as sin, but it gets the job done. Well it gets the job done unless I need F7, then it doesn't do much. I just find it so funny that someone would spend $130 on a key board that you could probably get for $5 at a computer salvage store.

http://reviews.cnet.com/keyboards/das-professional-keyboard/4505-3134_7-33132572.html?tag=cnetfd.mt

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I love the old IBM keyboards even though they are noisy as hell. I can really fly on that type of keyboard.

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Maybe it comes with spell check, that would be hysterical:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I actually hate the "click" keyboards. I like the way it feels, but the clicking sound gets tiresome.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I love the old IBM keyboards even though they are noisy as hell. I can really fly on that type of keyboard.
Maybe it is the Red Bull eh? You know " It Gives You Wings " thing............LOL!!!!! :p:p Just kidding as I could not resist. :D:D No pun intended my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

B

brulaha

Audioholic
Maybe it comes with spell check, that would be hysterical:)
I saw that as soon as I posted. Unfortunately you can't edit the title. Knew I'd catch @#$@ for that. Oh well, such is life. :)

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I love the Model M keyboard. My first one came with my first PC, an IBM clone with an 8088 cpu running at 4Mhz. I kept my last one for many years after IBM discontinued it until it just couldn't take it anymore.

B

brulaha

Audioholic
I love the Model M keyboard. My first one came with my first PC, an IBM clone with an 8088 cpu running at 4Mhz. I kept my last one for many years after IBM discontinued it until it just couldn't take it anymore.
Yeah...me too! Mine is from a 386 clone that ran at 16Mhz. It also had a whopping 1 meg of video ram as opposed to the standard 64k. I've just kept the keyboard all these years.

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
I cant spell or type without a few flaws and yet I still couldnt resist, its a sickness but one we can laigh at with no hard feelings. Does anyone else get a little sick to the stomach at commercials with clicks added to the type and mouse farts when they point something out, or is it just me?

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I hate clicking keyboards. I have a Microsoft Natural 4000 keyboard (split and curved) and it is the most comfortable and easiest typing keyboard I have ever used.
I use one of those now and it's my second natural keyboard. Once you get used to them anyone can learn to type very fast on them. Plus they help your typing when you use a regular keyboard. I always seem to have the hardest time finding a good keyboard in laptops though. I found the keyboard on the macbook to be one of the best I have ever used. I love how it has a clicky feel to it which reminds me of the Model M.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis