GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If my flashing alarm clock is any indication, our power was restored around 5am. I tip my hat to the crews who have to go out in such foul weather to restore power. They really earn their pay. While the storm arrived in the region as a cat 2, it lost some strength by the time it hit shore. I just did a quick survey of my property and, while the place is plastered with leaves and small branches, I didn't see any damage.

With power out for 13 - 14 hours, the freezer contents should be fine. Today's game will be refrigerator roulette.

I'm grateful that it wasn't worse. In 2003, Juan caused far more devastation.

Sadly, the storm seems to have put a bookend on our summer, as the temperature this morning is 9 degrees C.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/hurricane-dorian-nova-scotia-destruction-1.5274887

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Truly these folks not only need our prayers but also some action.
Great Abaco, Bahamas.jpg

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
NATO ... don't fail me now!
Get over to GO-NAD's and power his subs!
Amen
That should have been just before passage with doors and windows ope to redirect the storm away.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Truly these folks not only need our prayers but also some action.
View attachment 31144
Wow!
Where would you even start?
That has got to be so disheartening and overwhelming to look at what used to be your neighborhood/community and see little to nothing of value left! In this situation, the psychological value of the presence of agencies like Red Cross and FEMA coming in with the attitude of having seen it before and seen it rebuilt has got to be invaluable for people to make the transition from "distraught shock" to "suck it up and get to work"!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, it looks like we were quite fortunate to have our power restored so soon. There are still almost 300,000 Nova Scotia Power customers without power right now- I'm not sure how that translates to people numbers, as it would include residences, businesses, government buildings, etc. The problem is that a LOT of trees have been knocked down onto power lines. While Juan was more intense over a smaller area, Dorian has spread the damage across the province. Crews have come in from Ontario, Quebec and Maine to help restore power, but it looks like it will take a few more days to get everything restored. At one point, 75%-80% of the province was without power.

All that said, it's a mere trifle compared to the problems that the Bahamas are facing. I regularly donate to the Red Cross and I plan to make an extra donation for Bahamas relief.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
LOL!
I totally thought you were just messing around!
Down here in Ga. hurricanes in Canada don't exist (not enough to ever hear about it on the news, and I do not watch the weather channel)!
But even in GA, I largely associate hurricanes with south of me! Sandy was a fluke!!!
Yeah, we don't often get them - the last that I recall was Juan in 2003.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, we don't often get them - the last that I recall was Juan in 2003.
Yeah, the problem with that is you haven't been recently "pre-disastered" so the trees offer a lot of opportunity for "blow-down" when really high winds do come through!
But we 'Muhricans are working on that for you - next decade we'll have it down to an average of 5 years (instead of 16) between hurricanes in Nova Scotia!
No need to thank us, it's what we do!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
As a misplaced Maitimer myself, the thing the Maritimes could do to lessen the impact is to bury some of their their infrastructure instead of hanging it off of poles. My heart goes out to you guys. Good luck.

Nice to hear GO-NAD that you are alive and well and unharmed.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
As a misplaced Maitimer myself, the thing the Maritimes could do to lessen the impact is to bury some of their their infrastructure instead of hanging it off of poles. My heart goes out to you guys. Good luck.

Nice to hear GO-NAD that you are alive and well and unharmed.
Thanks, bud. We're doing fine, but there are still a lot of people without power. There are repair crews here from as far away Florida, for which we are very grateful.

Yeah, it would be nice to have all our power/phone/internet cabling buried, but the cost would be astronomical.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis