L

LenniePaz

Audiophyte
I have a Windows 10 HTPC with an RTX2060 Super GPU. Out of nowhere, I keep getting a message saying “no speakers or headphones plugged in”, and I have no sound. The only way to get the sound back is to go into the sound settings in Windows and disable my Denon receiver, and then enable it. I’m using an HDMI connection between the Denon and the HTPC. Does anyone know how I can permanently fix this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have a Windows 10 HTPC with an RTX2060 Super GPU. Out of nowhere, I keep getting a message saying “no speakers or headphones plugged in”, and I have no sound. The only way to get the sound back is to go into the sound settings in Windows and disable my Denon receiver, and then enable it. I’m using an HDMI connection between the Denon and the HTPC. Does anyone know how I can permanently fix this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might have a bad cable. I'm doing the same in multiple systems and have never had that issue.

If that doesn't fix it, update your drivers for your video card.

B

billqs

Audiophyte
I agree, a bad cable is where I would begin. Other than that, it might be a handshake problem between HDMI devices. You can get devices that make sure a proper EDID is seen by the devices in your chain. How long is your HDMI run?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis