M

matt houser

Audioholic
My wife got me the miniDSP 2x4 HD for Christmas, I have a pair of HSU VTF3-mk5 subs, there are five different operating modes for tuning the subs, is there a certain one that is recommended while setting up through DSP

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
The subs should have a good recommendation for a starting point depending on what suits your needs.
Also sounds like a great wife to make that purchase. She's a keeper.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My wife got me the miniDSP 2x4 HD for Christmas, I have a pair of HSU VTF3-mk5 subs, there are five different operating modes for tuning the subs, is there a certain one that is recommended while setting up through DSP
Use the operating mode you prefer. Just make sure not to boost the response below the tuning frequency of the operating mode that you select. So if you run the sub in EQ1 mode with a port plugged, do not boost the response below 18 Hz. If you are using the sub in EQ2 mode with both ports open, do not boost the response under 25Hz. And just a reminder, but do not use the sub in EQ1 mode when both ports are open; at least one of the ports should be plugged in EQ2 mode.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
The HSU sub comes with specific directions for setup. Dr Hsu recommends...set 1 port open, eq 1 and q at .7. This is the flatest setting. Next, Run EQ.

If you want more bass later - set sub back to 2 ports open, eq 2, and q at .3.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis