How would these sound?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
does the kit include the entire speaker cabinet, or just that front piece where the speakers would attach to?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Ya need a flat pack for the center. The kit only has the front baffle.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have seen Jeff Bagby's name for a long time, but I'm surprised that the towers only go down to 65Hz.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have seen Jeff Bagby's name for a long time, but I'm surprised that the towers only go down to 65Hz.
It seems these were tuned for very high output, designed for HT usage where subwoofer(s) are part of the system.
As stand alone music system, I agree with highfigh these would not be ideal.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I have a great sub (TC Sounds LMS-R ultra 5400 18") so would the fusion 8 towers be great for me?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I have a great sub (TC Sounds LMS-R ultra 5400 18") so would the fusion 8 towers be great for me?
If you intend to use them with your subwoofer for watching movies, I would recommend them for you.
They are very affordable. I would presume that the DIY group will provide you with full details on the boxes to be constructed etc. You would have to assemble the crossovers though.
The drivers have a high sensitivity and they will easily reach THX sound levels. In addition, they would give you the opportunity to experience the building of speaker cabinets if you've never had it.

Last edited:
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Would they be good for music too? I am about 80% movies and 20% music. The crossover point is 80hz.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Would they be good for music too? I am about 80% movies and 20% music. The crossover point is 80hz.
I couldn't tell. If you could put a little bit more money into speakers, I would suggest the Klipsch R-28F tower speakers for the left and right front channels. You wouldn't have to build the cabinets nor the crossovers and those speakers are rather well finished for the price. They also received very good reviews and it's very possible that you would like them.
They are also rather sensitive and will provide adequate sound pressure levels:

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-28F-Floorstanding-Speaker-Each/dp/B00LMDKT2S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1527183822&sr=8-5&keywords=Klipsch+Reference+speakers#customerReviews

For the center speakers you could use the R-25C center unit which would match with the R-28Fs.

It is always preferable to be able to hear the speakers before you you commit to buying them. BestBuy sells the line and you could quite possibly listen to them there.
However, you will notice that Amazon has better prices on them.

Last edited:
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I am sure the fusion towers are better than those Klipsch!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I am sure the fusion towers are better than those Klipsch!
Why?

We don't know you, your preferences, how you hear- we can barely tell you what might be good, never mind what would be great since hearing is subjective and we know nothing about the room where they'll be used.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Those Klipsch are cheap speakers! I have a pair of KEF tower speakers that cost $1,000 for the pair. And the center cost $600. And I am confident they will be much better than mine.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis