How to use a soundbar with a Rear-Mounted Projector (weird room setup)

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
We live in a small apartment and unfortunately, a full surround does not really work in our situation. I was just wondering how to use a soundbar with my projector.

The reason I ask is the projector (and components like PS4 and Xbox) are in the back of the room, but the soundbar (and all inputs/outputs) would be in the front of the room (the opposite of the projector).

Is there a way to keep my components (PS4, Xbox, and the like) in the back of the room? The way the room is designed, there is not really a way to put any of the components in front. I really can only put a soundbar in the front.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a soundbar that is designed for a projector with a "breakout AV box" in the back?

Or

2. Can I use the soundbar in the rear instead of in front?

Thanks for your help! I know this is a weird setup.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
We live in a small apartment and unfortunately, a full surround does not really work in our situation. I was just wondering how to use a soundbar with my projector.

The reason I ask is the projector (and components like PS4 and Xbox) are in the back of the room, but the soundbar (and all inputs/outputs) would be in the front of the room (the opposite of the projector).

Is there a way to keep my components (PS4, Xbox, and the like) in the back of the room? The way the room is designed, there is not really a way to put any of the components in front. I really can only put a soundbar in the front.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a soundbar that is designed for a projector with a "breakout AV box" in the back?

Or

2. Can I use the soundbar in the rear instead of in front?

Thanks for your help! I know this is a weird setup.
Your only option is to run a long HDMI cable from the eARC out on the projector to the sound bar. If you projector does not have an eARC out then you are going to need a receiver or AVP.
If the projector has an optical out you can use that. You won't get lossless surround sound, but for a sound bar that is of no consequence.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis