How to reroute the main front L/R internal amplifiers in an AVR

Ronand

Ronand

Audiophyte
Hi there and a Happy New Year for everybody!

First of all, I`m sorry for my bad English for the reason it`s not my native language :) ...

So ... in the near future, I`ll purchase a Denon AVR-X4500H in order to have a 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos setup.
Here at this site, I`ve read an article about how to do the above setup on the X3600H model and the author said it`s best to reroute the front L/R channels via and external amplifier.
Now I have two questions:
1. Could I do the same front channels reroute on the X4500?
2. Could I use my old Denon AVR-X2000 model from 2014 as an external amplifier or I must purchase one from another brand, just not ending with the same commands on both AVR`s when I operate the remote control? ... In case I need another external amplifier could you please recommend some models bearing in mind I have a 215 square feet room?

I wish you could understand what I was trying to say and hope you are keeping the good work you are doing!

Best regards,
A.
Hello Atanatizante and a happy new year -:)

I can see that your question has been answered in multiple posts but I really think that you should read the article from "What HI-FI?" -the link is below ;

https://www.whathifi.com/features/how-to-combine-stereo-and-surround-sound-in-one-brilliant-av-system

n.b. I am in the middle of the same process. I have finally bought (more than) decent speakers not only for Cinematic experience but also for pure HI-FI 2.1
Front Left & Right speakers plus the Subwoofer.
My project consists of 5 DALI "SPEKTOR" speakers.
1 pair of DALI SPEKTOR 2 as main speakers,
1 SPEKTOR VOKAL as centre speker and a pair of DALI SPEKTOR 1 for satellites. Basse is covered with a Subwoofer "Magnat" Monitor Supreme 202A -->20 cm membrane -->20Hz->200Hz. Note that my living room is some 30m2 which these speakers cover without a slightest problem

The driving force consisting of 5 channels, each 80W, provided by a 5.1 Yamaha AV receiver RX-V-485 for the time being. The Yamaha (weighing a hefty 8kgs) "Natural Sound" has a lot of good things on it, like instant bluetooth connection, wireless WI--FI connection, front USB port, so I can listen to music directly from my phone or tablet or just stick a thumb drive in the USB port or go to Net radio when not using the CD player (there s a filter by genre, language, region etcfor the Net Radio ...nice touch). So after have it all installed and played the system as a whole after having to interconnect the Yamaha with all my other equipment consisting of a 4KTV+PS4PRO+CD player and wired (many, many meters or feet as you like and a considerable amount of time, then the cable doesn't come that cheap (still toeing some speakers in order to improve the sound image) the Problem (with a capital P) is that for someone who is also interested in listening to some real Hi-Fi, there is only so much an AV receiver can reproduce when it comes to real Stereo with a big S!!!.

Even a very "ordinary" dedicated power amplifiers do a better job than most middle class AV receivers, even those in a higher segment not counting some AV "Flagships".

So I will do the same thing you planned if I understood well your intentions, that is to add an extra Class A amplifier to the system using the same speakers. The key here is to bypass the units own amplification and output an analogue signal to the stereo amplifier. Job done.

In 6 months I ll have enough money saved to buy a good Stereo amplifier (Marantz with its HDMA circuits comes to mind but I ll have time to reflect on that subject.) and when it will be part of the system I'll just have to choose is it "music" or "cinematic" experience I want that day.

Hope You ll find all the answers you need in the article above.

p.s. on Yamaha it is called a "DIRECT MODE", it s an effort to try to improve quality of music when the TV is off, it turns all video and other circuits that are not directly connected to sound and it really helps to improve the overall sound performance especially since the SPEKTOR 2 are very good and capable speakers for the money and one can feel the difference. I know that other brands have similar solutions so try to find this feature on your DENON you will like the difference. (I ll try to find out how this brand named this function and let you know if I suceed.) I strongly recommend you use cables I used (or better if you can afford them), mine being a DALI CONNECT SC F215C 99,9 copper oxygen-free silver platted and they re available for like 6 to 7€ a meter (even cheaper sometimes) but it is absolutely worth it,. Let us not make the cables the weak link of the system if the other parts are not able to transmit their excellent performance to the speakers the whole sound image is altered.

Sincerely hope you find what you re looking for.

Cheers...

A

atanatizante

Audiophyte
For an Atmos setup which speakers are better: 1. on the ceiling ; 2. wall mounting high up near the ceiling or 3. horizontal up-firing?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd say you ranked them properly....you could always review the Dolby recommendations....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis