How to replace pictures

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Since photobucket stopped 3 rd party hosting I have new photo sharing account.
How do I replace pictures in my old thread of my system since the correction feature is not available?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Since photobucket stopped 3 rd party hosting I have new photo sharing account.
How do I replace pictures in my old thread of my system since the correction feature is not available?
I've got whole threads I have to redo. How do we make edits?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
If I recall correctly, edits are disabled after a few days to prevent users from rage quitting and nuking all their content on the way out. My guess is you should report each of your posts with broken images, and in the report paste links to your working images to replace the broken ones. Maybe @jinjuku or @Steve81 could confirm this? If there are more than a dozen or so posts that get requested, maybe one of the admins can build a .sql script to update in bulk.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
If I recall correctly, edits are disabled after a few days to prevent users from rage quitting and nuking all their content on the way out. My guess is you should report each of your posts with broken images, and in the report paste links to your working images to replace the broken ones. Maybe @jinjuku or @Steve81 could confirm this? If there are more than a dozen or so posts that get requested, maybe one of the admins can build a .sql script to update in bulk.
Yeah, so when I get ready to change all mine, I may have to just create new threads cause no one should have to work that hard to change a bunch of pics, for me....

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, so when I get ready to change all mine, I may have to just create new threads cause no one should have to work that hard to change a bunch of pics, for me....
The real work will be in compiling the data of "hxxp://old.photobucket.com/url" -> "hxxp://new.imgur.com/url", for which the users will shoulder the burden. Translating that from CSV data into SQL statements would only take around 5 lines or so of reusable code. Wait and see what the mods / admins say before going to such extremes.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
The real work will be in compiling the data of "hxxp://old.photobucket.com/url" -> "hxxp://new.imgur.com/url", for which the users will shoulder the burden. Translating that from CSV data into SQL statements would only take around 5 lines or so of reusable code. Wait and see what the mods / admins say before going to such extremes.
Understood, but I've got the Bookshelf speaker review as well as my Custom Self Built Theater thread with pages of varying pics. I'm content doing the work myself, and don't want to be a bother, is the only reason I suggest starting new threads. If someone is only changing a couple pics, then I'm sure mods wouldn't mind.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So, If I understand this, each post that has defunct pictures, hopefully I would know what I had there, use the "report" tab and request a picture replacement with the correct picture links?

Except, on a test run, doing a reply to see the old picture link, nothing shows up. So, hopefully
I can figure it out by post content. Brrrr.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Photobucket was always the worst choice for image hosting, even when it worked "properly".

For example, people who asked in forums were directed there, and those who don't actively post images found later that if you didn't log in to your Photobucket account at least once every six months, they killed the link just as they are now.

In other words, this kind of behaviour from them is nothing new.

You can upload photos directly into AH, and to almost every forum, why use a third party to host them in the first place?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Photobucket was always the worst choice for image hosting, even when it worked "properly".

For example, people who asked in forums were directed there, and those who don't actively post images found later that if you didn't log in to your Photobucket account at least once every six months, they killed the link just as they are now.

In other words, this kind of behaviour from them is nothing new.

You can upload photos directly into AH, and to almost every forum, why use a third party to host them in the first place?
I always just upload. It's faster and easier anyway.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis