How to place a 6.1 in a bedroom

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys I have an L shaped room with large windows on only 1 wall... i dont even know how to ask the question... the room looks something like this:
top right is my tv and entertainment system. on the same wall on the bottom right is my bed facing the way the arrow points. And the other furniture is as such ... i know its a silly drawing but i couldnt think of a better way to show what im dealing with. So im putting a 6.1 system to actually watch my tv from my bed now however there will be a couch or loveseat the comes in later so just pretend the bed is that. How should i set this up? For best acoustics. Thanks alot guys. any input would be greatly appreciated

|_______________________________________________|
|_________________Dresser________________<--BED__|
|____________|
|____________|
|____________|
|____DOOR___|

Last edited:
shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
I wouldnt bother with 6.1. or even a sub. Even doing 5,i dont have a clue.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Yuk

You got the room from "hell".

6.1 is going to be a waste of $. Too small for proper dispersion of sound. Speaker position impossible.

5.1 is most likely difficult as well.

If you repositioned the bed and dresser. Thus having the bed centered on that short wall. And then swap the TV and desk positions. You could create a possible 5.1 display. The walls to your right and left could be used for the surround speakers.

The only other option is to relocate the bed to the far wall on the left, and place the TV on the wall on the right.

Either way, the room size/shape seems way too insufficient for a 5.1 system with a good balance of LRC and surround speakers.

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
is it really going to be a waste?

I was going to likely buy the onkyo 6.1 the ht510 for 177usd! What a deal... but if you really think its going to sound like crap in my room because of the dynamics... maybe i should go with just a pair of fronts for now? or maybe i could do some changes in the walls... like get some acoustic padding or floor runners to perhaps fix the flaws of the "room from hell" which was a great first few words to inspire me to make an HT in here lol... but thanks guys... what do you think

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Maybe that Bose radio that sounds like a $5000 A/V setup as they make it sound like on TV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis