How to pair Bose QuietComfort headphones with Pioneer receiver VSX-934

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Hi,

I connected wirelessly my new Bose headphones to my laptop and TV but I'd like to know how to connect them with the Pioneer receiver VSX-934. I have a USB Flash drive connected to my receiver with all my music and I'd like to play them on these headphones.

Thanks for your help.

Serge

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The avrs generally only have a bluetooth receiver built in, not a transmitter. There are fairly inexpensive bluetooth transmitters you could use on an analog output of your avr, tho.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah that should work, altho you'd need an adapter for the headphone jack....I was thinking you could even set it up on the zone 2 pre-outs but they're marked line out so that wouldn't have volume control if so.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Yeah that should work, altho you'd need an adapter for the headphone jack....I was thinking you could even set it up on the zone 2 pre-outs but they're marked line out so that wouldn't have volume control if so.
Hi,

Would that jack adapter work? :
Amazon.com: NANYI 1/4'' Male to 1/8'' Female Stereo Headphone Adapter Connect Cable, Upgrade 6.35mm Jack Stereo Socket Male to 3.5mm Jack Stereo Plug Female for Headphone, Amp Adapte, Black 1-Pack: Electronics

I didn't get a chance to look at the zone 2 receiver setup yet but I'll have a look at it later today.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
OK so I'll just buy a transmitter and adapter. I also had another question for you, yesterday I ran a firmware update on my receiver, I didn't do it for a long time and I'm not really sure what the update is about but it was completed after a few minutes. However now I have the network light on when I turned off my receiver, usually I don't have any lights on, I don't know why it is on and how I can turn it off...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes that adapter would work.

I generally want to know what the firmware update is, do not permit auto updates, and generally don't even need to look for one anyways (only time really went looking was when apps were changing on an avr). I'd check your manual for the meaning of the network light, on the Denon I'm using right now that light comes on when I change the network setting from "off in standby" to "always on"....think it was similar in my old Pioneer, too. I leave it on the off in standby normally, never found the turning it on/accessing it over the network particularly useful....if I want to turn the avr on I just do so.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Yes that adapter would work.

I generally want to know what the firmware update is, do not permit auto updates, and generally don't even need to look for one anyways (only time really went looking was when apps were changing on an avr). I'd check your manual for the meaning of the network light, on the Denon I'm using right now that light comes on when I change the network setting from "off in standby" to "always on"....think it was similar in my old Pioneer, too. I leave it on the off in standby normally, never found the turning it on/accessing it over the network particularly useful....if I want to turn the avr on I just do so.

Yesterday afternoon I cleaned my receiver and I don't know what I pressed on it but the network light went off, I turned the receiver on and off and the light is not on anymore so that's a good thing and my wife won't complain anymore that I leave electronics on when I don't use them :). On my old receiver I didn't have to deal with updates and network connection so I'm not very familiar with this and after doing some research on the Pioneer website I think this is the update I downloaded which was released on September 2020 :
VSX-934,VSX-LX104 | Firmware Update | Support | Pioneer Home Audio Visual (pioneer-audiovisual.com)

However next time before I download any update I will check on Pioneer website what it is about.

Thanks again for all your information and have a great day,

Serge

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yesterday afternoon I cleaned my receiver and I don't know what I pressed on it but the network light went off, I turned the receiver on and off and the light is not on anymore so that's a good thing and my wife won't complain anymore that I leave electronics on when I don't use them :). On my old receiver I didn't have to deal with updates and network connection so I'm not very familiar with this and after doing some research on the Pioneer website I think this is the update I downloaded which was released on September 2020 :
VSX-934,VSX-LX104 | Firmware Update | Support | Pioneer Home Audio Visual (pioneer-audiovisual.com)

However next time before I download any update I will check on Pioneer website what it is about.

Thanks again for all your information and have a great day,

Serge
Another caution for doing firmware updates is that a wireless connection that gets interrupted can cause issues in some cases.....sometimes safer to download on usb drive and install that way.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Another caution for doing firmware updates is that a wireless connection that gets interrupted can cause issues in some cases.....sometimes safer to download on usb drive and install that way.
Ok I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again for your help and advices.

Serge

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis