How to Install a Hidden In-Floor or In-Ceiling Subwoofer

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Just because you don't want a big, bulky subwoofer in your room doesn't mean you have to forgo powerful bass. An in-floor or in-ceiling subwoofer will allow you to generate nauseating levels of bass without ever having to look at a hulking subwoofer. In this article and YouTube video combo, we use the RBH Sound SI-1010 subwoofer to show you how to install a hidden in-floor or in-ceiling subwoofer in your own home.

Read: How to Install a Hidden In-Floor or In-Ceiling Subwoofer

Tip: Always remember to install two subs for smoother bass across all listening seats if you can accommodate it.

Lars Jackson

Lars Jackson

Audiophyte
Bos horn!.jpg
My reflection of an in-wall/floor subwoofer is more of a dream. My former boss Bo had this in his house and it was more to the extreme! The bass was something that I have not heard before or after! It was not the kind to play disco on. More of that classical music I have learnt to love. The bass sound was a crisp and soft one.
It went down to 18Hz! You cant hear it but surely feel! Hope they who live in that house now knows hove to use it?
You have two 6m long horns and two 15 inch klangfilm drivers. The room have walls that are not in line. When we were there he had this sofa over one "hole" to make the bass sound soft.

A

awdio

Audioholic Intern
With the low frequency specs stated from RBH they are really woofers and not so much subwoofers. One other point if I may, really a pet peeve of mine, length should always be the longest dimension in a box. I realize it was lifted straight from the RBH site but they use awkward representations.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I agree that the asking price is a bit steep to reach 28 Hz, although I realize that there's more to subwoofer SQ than extension. And, you have to add the cost of installation to the project. If you have to pay somebody to install it for you, then the cost can be really questionable.

If you can install it yourself, you are quite capable of going completely DIY, save quite a bit of change and potentially get superior performance. But, if your priority is to keep it simple, this looks like a reasonable alternative.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis