How to get more AVS members here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I was comparing numbers between this site and AVS's site, and noticed the huge potential of members we could have if there were some way to get some of the "market share" over here. Anyone have any ideas? Craig's thread is definitely helping. Here's the numbers:

AVS

Members: 233,074
Threads: 635,548

As of right now:
Members on line: 849
Guests on line: 2142
#'s ever on line at one time: 4806

Audioholics

Members: 13,934
Threads: 20,565

As of right now:
Members on line: 17
Guests on line: 198
#'s ever on line at one time: 1119

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Realism

Number of registered members means little. If for example you were to class membership on having posted more than 15 times, this site would only have about 100 members rather than 13934! Members online is a far more realistic indicator of popularity.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
I'd rather have less people but know what they are talking about than more people who I don't know much about anyway. Having less people means less names to remember.:D Quality over quantity.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
masak_aer said:
I'd rather have less people but know what they are talking about than more people who I don't know much about anyway. Having less people means less names to remember.:D Quality over quantity.
I have to agree with Masak, the number of members is fine with me as it is. I have trouble finding the time to go through all "new posts" every day as it is.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
More people means less chance to win the monthly contests!!!

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
True, less chance but better discussion on the forums. Just a thought

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Svenhook said:
True, less chance but better discussion on the forums. Just a thought

Your right. The thread of the HSU-SVS shootout EXPLODED from the avs guys. Great discussion and lots of input.

(i still want a better shot at the free stuff though!)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
why? did you see the type of members from AVS that messes up every other thread?

not to mention icons of popcorn and other crap every other post. its fun for them.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
mike c said:
why? did you see the type of members from AVS that messes up every other thread?

not to mention icons of popcorn and other crap every other post. its fun for them.

No, I didnt notice anythig else. I was following that thread and found it interesting. Not trying to be combative, but what other threads did they mess up? I am not going to bat for the peopple that came from avs, but if there are people that can contribute...whats the big deal. Your going to get thread crashers whever you go. I try to ignore it.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
mr. lamb fries, the HSU thread that was locked up was already a "kid glove" version of the subwoofer fanatic wars that go on over there ...

like you said, hopefully only those that can contribute do come over ... and those that dont get a heart attack :)

its also very hard to ignore the thread "crashers" or trolls because the thread itself has too many unnecessary posts (kinda like looking for gold ... more rock than gold)

but I guess your shot at free items is also gonna dip ... lottery chances you know.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nick250 said:
I have to agree with Masak, the number of members is fine with me as it is. I have trouble finding the time to go through all "new posts" every day as it is.
Thats easy, just stay on all day like me.

SheepStar

We have a good working relationship with AVS Forum and would appreciate it if our members wouldn't keep acting like we're in a competition. We have no interest in acquiring their members and do not appreciate our people insulting them, their moderators or how they do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis