how to find a "PRO" audio setup/ room acoustics?

rolling18

rolling18

Audiophyte
Good day audio Gurus!
I am wanting to know how to "shop" for a professional who can analyze, my room and setup to get the maximum quality (staging, depth, holography, dynamics.. (all the a usual audiophile buzzwords ect.)

I have seen many u-tuber vids , and read some basics info I know just enough to be dangerous (to my bank account!) including Aadioholics vids.

one theme I keep hearing repeatedly is "the room makes the sound and is just as, if not... more important thAn the equipment itself" maximizing the potential.

I would like to know what/ how to find someone in this field? like some of the guests Gene has on his channel..
what are these guys called?
how do you find them?
what terminology should I use to NOT sound like an Idot? or a know-it-all?

I simply want to maximize the equipment I have in the room I have. before I spend even more $$$
thank you for any assistance!
Marc

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
In reality your question is unanswerable, without any details, which you have failed to supply.

For instance, are you intending to start from scratch, with an empty room, Do you have any audio / video equipment, or do you intend buying everything from scratch

And lastly , and more importantly what sort of budget is available, we don't know if you intend doing it on the cheap, with a screen and a sound bar, or spending close to $100.000 or more on high-end system.. If that is the case, and you want it professional designed and installed. You can double your 100k budget, and still spend more.

I say this on the extreme side of things, While I don't think your about to spend that sort of cash. I simply supply an answer of what's possible. Amplification, Projectors, Screens. Speaker's TV Panels, Seating, Room treatments, Etc,etc. It all add's up, end expands your budget, sometimes right out of control, And you wonder if it's really worth it..

Really you should be looking at HT installers and get some advice on costs, As we don't know where your located it impossible to suggest someone, BUT don't tell them what your budget is or "come in sucker" might apply.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Good day audio Gurus!
I am wanting to know how to "shop" for a professional who can analyze, my room and setup to get the maximum quality (staging, depth, holography, dynamics.. (all the a usual audiophile buzzwords ect.)

I have seen many u-tuber vids , and read some basics info I know just enough to be dangerous (to my bank account!) including Aadioholics vids.

one theme I keep hearing repeatedly is "the room makes the sound and is just as, if not... more important thAn the equipment itself" maximizing the potential.

I would like to know what/ how to find someone in this field? like some of the guests Gene has on his channel..
what are these guys called?
how do you find them?
what terminology should I use to NOT sound like an Idot? or a know-it-all?

I simply want to maximize the equipment I have in the room I have. before I spend even more $$$
thank you for any assistance!
Marc
You would want to look for an accredited acoustician who has experience in hi-fi and home theater. I can vouch for Matthew Poes from Poes Acoustics. Not super cheap but a serious professional who does heavy-duty acoustic modeling of rooms to get the best results. Some people in this field are not very science-driven, and I would steer clear of them.

rolling18

rolling18

Audiophyte
You would want to look for an accredited acoustician who has experience in hi-fi and home theater. I can vouch for Matthew Poes from Poes Acoustics. Not super cheap but a serious professional who does heavy-duty acoustic modeling of rooms to get the best results. Some people in this field are not very science-driven, and I would steer clear of them.
Thank you for actually answering my question! I didnt think it was as complicated as the previous poster! lol

rolling18

rolling18

Audiophyte
In reality your question is unanswerable, without any details, which you have failed to supply.
Not that is really matters as I would suspect what i'm wanting would have drastic effects no matter what my equipment was ... its' very simple and few (I did not see where to put it in my signature)
Vitus Ri-101 (integrated amp)
Lumin U2 mini. (streamer) possibly upgrading to Rose HIFI 130). hmmm
Denafrips Pontus 2 (DAC)
Focal Utopia (mid speakers)
HSU VTF (SUB)
** NO VINYL or record players/ CD's **

For instance, are you intending to start from scratch, with an empty room, Do you have any audio / video equipment, or do you intend buying everything from scratch
I already stated I wanted a professional to analyze my room and setup....

And lastly , and more importantly what sort of budget is available, we don't know if you intend doing it on the cheap, with a screen and a sound bar, or spending close to $100.000 or more on high-end system.. If that is the case, and you want it professional designed and installed. You can double your 100k budget, and still spend more.
Where did I say or even hint I was looking for ANY of that?

I say this on the extreme side of things, While I don't think your about to spend that sort of cash. I simply supply an answer of what's possible. Amplification, Projectors, Screens. Speaker's TV Panels, Seating, Room treatments, Etc,etc. It all add's up, end expands your budget, sometimes right out of control, And you wonder if it's really worth it..
Where exactly did I state I was looking to buy / install any kind of new equipment?

Really you should be looking at HT installers and get some advice on costs, As we don't know where your located it impossible to suggest someone, BUT don't tell them what your budget is or "come in sucker" might apply.

once again, I'm beginning to wonder if you read or mis-read my post about the SERVICE I was asking about...?
Sory if I come off as sounding rude, I am not looking for the things you are suggesting and you are going way way out of the scope of my needs....

Last edited:
rolling18

rolling18

Audiophyte
THIS is what I am looking for !!! thank you for your advice... now the fun part .. to find one in my area that not going to try exactly what you are saying to avoid
Marry eairly christmas!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis