How to Expand PST File Memory in Office?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Any PC wizards out there? I could use your help. I upgraded from Office 2007 (don't judge) to Office 365. It copied over my pst file but it's out of memory. Is there a way to convert the old PST file which is only 2Gbps to a new one that's 50Gbs? HElp!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Any PC wizards out there? I could use your help. I upgraded from Office 2007 (don't judge) to Office 365. It copied over my pst file but it's out of memory. Is there a way to convert the old PST file which is only 2Gbps to a new one that's 50Gbs? HElp!
Click on any folder within your new mailbox - for example the Inbox.
Go to File, choose Open/Export
Click "Import/Export"
Choose "Import from another program or file"
Choose "Outlook Data File (.pst)"
Browse to the location of your old PST file and select it
On the next page you'll see an option that asks you which folder you want to import - leave it selected on the header and make sure "Include Subfolders" is ticked.
In the second part of that window under "Import items into the same folder in" make sure your new mailbox is selected.

As for your other PST files - you can "Open" these all in Outlook at the same time if you wish as well as your new mailbox. Each PST shows as a separate set of folders - just go to File / Open/Export / Open Outlook Data File and browse to the location of the PST file - you'll see it appears in the folder list.

I think this is what you’re looking for?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I can't help, but no I won't judge, cause I ran windows 7 before that windows Vista. Now I have a iMac late 2012 27-inch 2.9 GHz intel Core i5, is it good? it's used I did a hard reset back to factory settings, can't say but my Son sold it to me for 300 bucks. did two updates cause Son let it set for a few years. He ended up getting one of those Alienware PC's . They are going for 599.00 refurbished iMac that is.

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Click on any folder within your new mailbox - for example the Inbox.
Go to File, choose Open/Export
Click "Import/Export"
Choose "Import from another program or file"
Choose "Outlook Data File (.pst)"
Browse to the location of your old PST file and select it
On the next page you'll see an option that asks you which folder you want to import - leave it selected on the header and make sure "Include Subfolders" is ticked.
In the second part of that window under "Import items into the same folder in" make sure your new mailbox is selected.

As for your other PST files - you can "Open" these all in Outlook at the same time if you wish as well as your new mailbox. Each PST shows as a separate set of folders - just go to File / Open/Export / Open Outlook Data File and browse to the location of the PST file - you'll see it appears in the folder list.

I think this is what you’re looking for?
No the problem is the new version of Outlook simply copied over my old PST file (which I need the email and contact data from). But now its out of memory. I suspect I have to make a new PST file and then import the data from the old one?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis