How to connect Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer?

Darkbreeze

Darkbreeze

Audiophyte
Right, and since this thread WAS about the PSW10 it's an important distinction (If somebody is looking for clarification or wants the ability to use an unfiltered input) since both of these units are still being sold on the new market.

Apparently, the forum rules won't let me post links to both models on Amazon, since I have fewer than five posts here, nice pre-spam filter by the way, I'll have to mention that to out Tom's hardware community leaders in the mod discussions there, but they are definitely both still being sold.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The PSW10 is still being sold, which is odd because there are at least 4 generations after it already. It has been around for more than 10 years.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I've had that sub, while it isn't a kick ass sub, it is a good fill-in sub. It's good for the price. It won't rattle the windows it's built good. Are there better Subs, sure there are. For small rooms it worked good for my use. I used a Y cable to connect left/right set the Hz all the up let the AVR set the Hz, and set volume around 1/4 to just under halfway mark. You can run it a lil hot if you choose to. Again much better Subs out there but for 90 bucks which is what I paid for it wasn't a bad deal.

Darkbreeze

Darkbreeze

Audiophyte
I just picked up a PSW10 at a yard sale for fifteen bucks, which was funny because I had been looking at them online recently among a few other models and was undecided on purchasing one at 125 bucks but was probably going to anyhow since it's a highly recommended model at that price point. So finding one for that price was something I couldn't pass up.

Sorry for necroing the thread. I'm a moderator on another site so I understand the distaste for doing that but clearly there was a reason for doing it. Thanks.

Z

ziggurcat

Audiophyte
How would one connect the PSW10 to, say, a 2.1 stereo amp like the Nobsound TPA3116D2? On the back of that amp, there's a L/R and Sub connection, but they're all speaker wire connections. Would you just connect to one of the Speaker Level Input connections?

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If the amp has a single output, then no it does not matter. Sub is mono so even if you use both, they get summed back to one signal.

P

photographer86

Audioholic
On the subwoofer you have, left or right rca input will be just fine for using it as home theater use. Just need one cable. From the sub output of AVR to either those inputs. My paradigm subs have a LFE and LEFT and RIGHT. If you were using a pre amp outs then you would plug left and right in to play those stereo channels. Using the sub with one input for home theater use is all you need. Unless in the manual it says you gain anything buy using a y cable. Simple as that. Take care.

Darkbreeze

Darkbreeze

Audiophyte
Guess you missed the part where he said he only had speaker level outputs on the amp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis