How to connect bookshelves?

K

kcxj

Audiophyte
I have the HTD Level 3 and Dared MP-5. I want to connect to DVD players and Playstation 1 and in 1-2 months my desktop. The Dared came with the following cables and plug, 1 white/1 red on both ends, 1 white/1 red on one end and 1 black on the other, USB, and some plug where one end it looks like I can insert one of the red/white cables.

I would like cheap but good quality stuff if that's possible. Thanks in advance.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not a gamer or a computer whiz, but in audio a red and white plug/jack indicate a "line level" signal that's not strong enough to driver speakers. It must be fed through an amplifier or a receiver in order to drive speakers.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It does not appear to have a preamp stage, it is an amp only, which means you need some kind of preamp stage, even if that is your computer (which is fine presumably since it has USB input). Since it is an amp, all you should need to do is connect a source to it (via some kind of preamp stage), then connect the amp to the speakers with some wire. Reviews seem to indicate it is a pretty decent amp.

K

kcxj

Audiophyte
What type of cable (6-8 feet) and or plug should I buy from bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
You also might want to take a look at monoprice.com for cables, as they are generally very inexpensive and work fine.

K

kcxj

Audiophyte
I read that they oxidize in 1 year.

I went with the Dayton SCP-6 because I didn't know what the terminated BJC looks like. Hopefully it's as good or better.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is speaker wire, there is no meaningful difference.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis