How Much Liquid Should We Drink Daily?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Most guides recommend so much for men and less for women, but they only specify one quantity fits for all. That is wrong!

Here is an intelligently thought guide which takes into account your weight as well as your daily exercise:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Don't forget, everything you eat has some level of liquid in it, especially fruits that counts as well, but many don't talk about that.
Interestingly, this question didn't come up until the bottled water craze became popular, pushed by business.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I say just ask your doctor, water intake is a lot different from say a 30 year old vs a 70 year old. And don't forget, being dehydrated can led to kidney stones. All I know, being under-hydrated can bring on headaches, fatigue, been there done that while working in the yard for long periods of time. And one way to tell, of course its not 100% but it will alert you to your needs. A way to tell if you’re drinking enough fluid is to check the color of your urine. If it’s pale in color and clear, you are likely well-hydrated. If it’s dark-colored with brown tones, you may be dehydrated. And If you over do your sodium intake ( chips & salt laced goodies) , well you messed with your water intake. And those beers, although nice to have, are actually a diuretic, meaning that it causes you to lose more water through urination.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I put an extra ice cube in my Manhattan last nite, does that count ?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How did thirst stop being a guide for water consumption?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
If someone has a constipation problem, not drinking enough liquid might be the cause.

B

Bernie Williams

Junior Audioholic
I think I remember (use this a lot with age) my doctor telling me that as one ages your sense of thirst declines a bit. It is easier to get dehydrated.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I worked for a boat dealer and the service manager was a bit of a smarta$$- I had been working on my own boat and couldn't get the propshaft's bearing carrier to go in fully, but it was relatively close, so I asked him how much end play it should have and his answer could be used for the question in this thread. "Just enough". Thanks. Thanks, a lot.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis