How much better is Axiom than Polk RTi?

B

BobL

Audiophyte
Hello guys. First off I would like to say hello. Long time lurker and first time poster.

I am looking for strickly Opinions on what you guys feel is a better speaker.

For those that have heard both Im wondering if you thought the Axioms were significantly better or just slightly.

From what I read the tonal characteristics are similar.

Im more interested on which you thought had the better imaging/soundstage/clarity etc...

This will be used mainly for games and movies but also a little music here and there.

Really what im trying to guage from this thread is if Axiom/Rocket/Ascend(ID Brands) are a significant upgrade from Polk RTi.

Any input from you guys would be great. :)

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
What will you be using to power them? The Polk RTi floorstanders have an actual impedance of 4 ohms as do the Axiom M80ti. Receivers alone don't handle this very well.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
AVRat said:
What will you be using to power them? The Polk RTi floorstanders have an actual impedance of 4 ohms as do the Axiom M80ti. Receivers alone don't handle this very well.
AV is correct. You'll want separate amplification for either line. Both are very good units, but you won't get the most out of them with a standard receiver. I have a Denon 3805 and a 7.1 setup consisting of the RTi/CSi/FXi series. It sounds very good, but not even close to what it could sound like with a separate amp. There's a reason they put dual binding posts on the back of 4-6 ohm speakers. You'll get little bass out of those towers using the jumpers. To make matters worse, most receivers are not meant to drive 4 ohm loads, so be careful when mating low sensitivity speakers to a receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis